Filipino Christmas Recipes
Christmas in the Philippines is the world’s longest Christmas season, with Christmas carols heard as early as September and lasting until Epiphany, the feast of the Black Nazarene on January 9 or the Feast of the Santo Niño de Cebú on the third Sunday of January. The official observance is from 16 December with the beginning of the Simbang Gabi to Epiphany.
Christmas Eve (“Bisperas ng Pasko”) on 24 December is celebrated with the Midnight Mass, and the traditional Noche Buena feast. Family members dine together at around midnight on traditional yuletide fare, which includes: queso de bola (Spanish: “ball of cheese”), which is edam cheese) sealed with red wax; tsokoláte, pasta, fruit salad, pan de sall, relleno and hamón (Christmas ham).
Here are the Filipino Christmas Recipes usually served during the Filipino Noche Buena:
- Rellenong Manok or Stuffed deboned chicken is still an all-time Filipino favorite. Probably the best way to display one’s culinary skills is by being able to debone a chicken without breaking its skin.
- Baked Bangus ( Milkfish ) Recipe is an easy to prepare, convenient to cook and nutritious Pinoy dish. It’s so easy all you have to do is slice all the ingredients, place it on top of the Bangus then bake it.
- Chop suey is a popular Filipino-Chinese vegetable dish primarily made up of mixed vegetable with meat like chicken, beef, shrimp or pork, added for extra flavor.
- Rellenong bangus or relyenong bangus (Stuffed Milkfish) is a very special Filipino dish because of the amount of work involved in cooking.
- Humba Recipe is a sugar braised pork belly, another popular Filipino food originated somewhere in the Visayas and Mindanao regions.
- Bagnet is deep fried pork’s meat, the Ilocano version of Lechon Kawali, also known as Ilocano Chicharon Baboy. Just be careful when cooking or deep frying this dish, expect a lot of hot oil splashing.
- Pata Tim Recipe is a popular braised pork leg dish similar to paksiw na pata with out the vinegar.
- Crispy Pata dish is deep fried pork legs ( Pata means Pork Feet in spanish ), a very delicious meal and although it is very high in cholesterol but with the crispy skin and soft meat plus the dipping sauce ( soy sauce, combined with vinegar and diced garlic ) makes it irresistible and keeps customers coming back for more.
- Lumpiang Sariwa or Lumpia Sariwa, literally means ‘fresh springroll‘, consist of shredded fresh vegetables minced ubod ( a palm tree trunk), flaked chicken, crushed peanuts, and turnips as an extender in a double wrapping of lettuce leaf and a yellowish egg crepe.
- Bistek na Tanigue with Cream Recipe is comprised of thinly sliced beef cooked in soy sauce and calamansi juice and garnished with fresh onion rings.
- Tinolang Manok is a simple soup with chicken, ginger, lemongrass, chili leaves or malunggay and green papaya, it is a favorite home style dish in the Philippines.
- Arroz Valenciana Recipe, is a typical Latin American dish their version is called Arroz a la Valenciana for Spain and Arroz Valenciana in Portugal the Pinoy version is called Arroz Valenciana.
- Embutido Easy Version Recipe, An easy version of the popular local meatloaf usually served during special occasions either cooked as is or stuffed into chicken, pork, or beef
- Rellenong Talong can be translated as “Stuffed Eggplant Omelette” or popularly knows as Tortang Talong (Eggplant Omellete).
- Filipino Puchero or Pochero is a delicious stew made from chicken, pork or beef. Here’s how to prepare Puchero or Pochero the Filipino way.
- Bopis Recipe is a uniquely Filipino dish traditionally prepared from assorted pig parts. These assorted parts are usually the heart, kidneys, lungs, and intestines.
- Siomai Recipe is a dimsum of Chinese origin which is loved by many Filipinos. One can order different kinds of siomai but the base is always pork. The ground meat should have some fat otherwise the cooked siomai will be too tough.
- Squid Estofado Recipe, Estofado is a variation of the usual chicken or pork, in this recipe we used Squid to prepare this traditional Filipino dish.
- Pork Dinuguan (also called dinardaraan in Ilocano, or pork blood stew in English) is a Filipino savory stew of blood and meat simmered in a rich, spicy gravy of pig blood, garlic, chili and vinegar.
- Igado Recipe is an authentic Filipino Ilocano dish. Igado is like Menudo, ilocano style. Different barrios cook their Igado in many ways.
- Pinoy Style Barbecued Spareribs Recipe, Tender and juicy slabs of pork spareribs coated in sweet barbecue sauce grilled to perfection
- Embutido is a Filipino style meatloaf recipe. It is one of the most favorite filipino dish. Embutido can be served as cold cuts; lightly pan a sliced pieces or fried the whole then sliced. It is also best that you dip a slice of embutido with your favorite food sauce.
- Pancit Malabon is a type of pancit that originated in Malabon City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
Pansit Bam-i or Bam-e
is a noodle dish originated in Cebu made with a combination of canton (egg noodles) and sotanghon (vermicelli or bean thread noodles), and a number of vegetables and spices, which gives it an interesting texture and distinct taste.
Paksiw na Lechon Manok
, we Filipinos have the popular Lechon Paksiw for pork, here’s the version for the chicken lechon paksiw.
- Camaron Rebosado Recipe is a delicious and a simple way to cook shrimp. It is the Philippine version of Japanese tempura except tempura has a light batter and served with soy sauce.
Leche Flan Recipe
, Leche Flan is the Filipino term for the originally Spanish flan de leche
, literally “milk flan”, which is a heavier version of the Spanish flan made with condensed milk and more egg yolks.
is so popular and loved by many Filipinos, that’s why most Karinderias in the Philippines sell this dish.
Creamy Chicken Curry Recipe is an easy to follow chicken recipe you can serve for lunch or dinner daily.
Chicken Lumpia Recipe
is a very simple dish filled with chicken, onions, a little of curry powder and brown sugar and with grated cheese. You’ll love chicken version of Lumpia.
is an Ilonggo recipe that is sort of like a cross between Bulalo (beef bone marrow and vegetables soup) and Sinigang (sour pork soup).
Beef Caldereta Recipe, is rich tomato-based stew traditionally cooked with goat meat.
- Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs with tropical Fruit Salsa. This easy to cook and healthy meal is perfectly seasoned with light lemon juice and garlic, grilled to perfection with Mango and Cucumber Salsa as sidings.
Shrimp Gambas Recipe ( Spicy )
, is popular Filipino shrimp dish. Most of the Restaurant in the Philippines serve this on their menu as an appetizer or a main dish.
Sweet and Sour Tilapia Recipe
– Tilapia is a popular cooking fish in the Philippines. This Filipino Sweet and Sour Tilapia dish is a bit different than the traditional Chinese sweet and sour fish dish.
Bulalo Steak Recipe
, A different yet interesting way of preparing and serving beef shanks–slowly tenderized, marinated and seared then served sizzling on a hot plate.
Pancit Sotanghon Guisado Recipe
, Sotanghon is served only on special occasions. This mungbean noodle (Pancit Sotanghon) is more expensive than other noodles.
Filipino Christmas Recipes or Noche Buena Recipes,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Squid Caldereta Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>