How to cook Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs
Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs with tropical Fruit Salsa. This easy to cook and healthy meal is perfectly seasoned with light lemon juice and garlic, grilled to perfection with Mango and Cucumber Salsa as sidings. A Delicious dish for the Holiday Season!
Here is Pinoy Recipe’s version of the famous Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs with tropical Fruit Salsa…. See the recipe below.
Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice, plus 3 small limes cut into thin wedges
- 24 green prawns, peeled (tails intact)
- 12 young thin lemongrass stems (or use soaked bamboo skewers)
- 2 tsp hot chilli sauce
- 1 tbs each light soy sauce and honey
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbs chopped scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 1 mango, flesh finely chopped
- 1 avocado or cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, De-seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbs each fish sauce and lime juice
Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs Cooking Instructions:
- Combine sauces, honey, ginger, scallions, garlic and juice. Toss with prawns and chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine salsa ingredients in another bowl and chill until needed.
- Thread prawns onto lemongrass stems or skewers, alternating with lime wedges.
- Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue on medium-high.
- Cook prawns for 1-2 minutes each side until just cooked and lightly charred.
- Serve with salsa and rice.
This is the ready to serve Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs