Last Updated on
How to cook Kalderetang Baka (Beef Caldereta)
Kalderetang Baka Recipe is one of the classic Filipino dishes served by many household in regular days or special occasions. This traditional food is cooked with tender beef, potatoes, and carrots stewed in tomato sauce. Since the dish entails a series of steps, patience is a requirement to attain the mouth-watering taste.
Every household has its own version of Kalderetang Baka Recipe. The tempting appearance and aroma entices the whole family to go over the dish.
The meal itself is flavorful that will satisfy the taste buds and appetite. Moreover, your nutrition needs is also filled-up because of the healthy vegetables included in the dish .
Here is the easy step on how to cook this delicious Kalderetang Baka Recipe.
Kalderetang Baka (Beef Caldereta) Ingredients:
Kalderetang Baka Recipe (Beef Caldereta)
- 1/2 kilo Beef Brisket cut into cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup red bell pepper seeded and cut into Julienne strips
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup liver spread or liver paste processed using blender
- 1 tsp. crushed chili
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and sliced
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 1 cup Canola cooking oil
- 2/3 cup green olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large cooking pan add in the Canola Oil, heat the pan and fry the carrots and potatoes until it turns light brown.
- Remove from the pan the fried potatoes and carrots then set aside
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic and onions
- Next add the beef and saute for 5 minutes
- Add water and let the beef boil until tender about 2 hours (for shorter time in cooking use pressure cooker to soften the beef for only 30mins)
- Once the beef is already tender add the tomato sauce and liver spread then simmer for 10 minutes
- Add green bell pepper,crushed chili, olives, carrots, bay leaves and potatoes then simmer for another 8 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with rice.
Kalderetang Baka Recipe (Beef Caldereta) is one of the classic and delicious Filipino dish served on special occasions.