Last Updated on March 15, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to cook Pancit Palabok
One of the most favored dishes by Filipinos is the famous Pancit palabok. It is great for snacks and will surely give your tummy a satisfying fullness. This is because the delightful snack is packed with calories and other flavorful ingredients.
Same way as you cook noodles, the Pancit Palabok Recipe is easy to cook. Although preparation of ingredients and the time allotted for cooking could be tedious, still the savory reward that it brings is just right for your hard work.
Once you are done with this colorful dish, it will be a mouthful of flavorful Pancit palabok. More so, it will be a sure fire to an amazing snack time.
Pancit Palabok is made from rice flour noodles topped with crab sauce, eggs, shrimps, squid, garlic and more.
Pancit Palabok Ingredients:
Palabok Noodles / Sauce
- 1/2 kilo miki noodles
- 1/2 kilo small crabs
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of atchuete seeds or oil
- 2 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 1 teaspoon of monosodium glutamate (MSG) (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Tinapa flakes (smoked fish)
- Cooked shrimps, shelled
- Squid adobo, sliced into rings
- Pork chicharon, grounded
- Spring onions, chopped
- Hard boiled eggs, shelled, sliced
- Fried garlic, minced
- Fresh calamansi (lemon), sliced
Pancit Palabok Cooking Instructions:
- Extract fat and meat from clean crabs, set aside.
- Pound crab and extract juice on 1 1/2 cups of water
- On a pan, saute’ garlic and onions until golden brown then add crab fat, crab meat, 1 1/2 cups of crab wash, patis and MSG. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add corn starch and continue to simmer while constantly stirring until thick.
- Put miki noodles in a strainer and dip in boiling water for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Lay drained noodles on a platter and pour the palabok sauce.
- Garnish with toppings and serve.
Pancit Palabok Recipe is made from rice flour noodles topped with crab sauce, eggs, shrimps, squid, garlic and more.