GD Star Rating
How to cook the popular Pinoy dish Lechon Kawali
Lechon Kawali Recipe (Crispy Pan-Fried Roasted Pork) is easy to cook, it involves boiling then deep-frying pieces of pork. Lechon Kawali is a pan-roasted pork dish popular in the Philippines. When served it is usually accompanied with sarsa ni mang tomas or served with just vinegar and soy sauce.
Estimated cooking time: 50 minutes / Makes 2-4 servings
Lechon Kawali Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo pork liempo (pork belly)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns or 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- water, for boiling
- oil (for frying)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced or 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- chili peppers (optional)
Lechon Kawali Cooking Instructions:
- Cut the pork belly into serving pieces then combine with the garlic, peppercorn,laurel leaves, salt and water in a pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until skin is tender.
- Drain, cool and air dry.
- Deep-fry liempo pieces in batches until golden brown and blisters appear on skin.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and serve lechon kawali while it’s hot.
Try this Lechon Kawali Recipe (Crispy Pan-Fried Roasted Pork)
Lechon Kawali Recipe (Crispy Pan-Fried Roasted Pork),
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>