Camaron Rebosado a delicious Filipino appetizer
Camaron Rebosado Recipe is a delicious and a simple way to cook shrimp. It is the Philippines version of Japanese tempura except tempura has a light batter and served with soy sauce.
Translated in English as Overflowed Shrimp, Camaron Rebosado Recipe is an easy seafood dish that makes use of shrimps as the primary component. What gives Camaron Rebosado a different twist to the recipe is the soft luscious shrimp coated with egg and flour mixture making it crispy when chewed.
Camaron Rebosado is best not just for viand as well as appetizer, it is best combined with a Sweet Chili Sauce or a Tomato Ketchup or Mayonnaise with finely chop Garlic.
Camaron Rebosado Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo medium size Shrimp
- 2 tablespoon fresh milk
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- 2 cups cooking oil
Camaron Rebosado Cooking Instructions:
- Wash Shrimps then Peel and devein it.
- Extract juice from Lemon then marinate the shrimp in lemon juice for 20 minutes.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, and salt in a mixing bowl then mix well.
- Add the eggs and milk stir until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Heat a frying pan and then pour the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, turn the fire to low then dip a piece of shrimp in the batter leave the tail uncovered then deep-fry until the color of the outer part turns dark yellow and the texture becomes crispy.
- Remove from the pan or fryer then place in a plate with paper towel to absorb excess oil from the Camaron Rebosado.
- Serve Camaron Rebosado with Sweet Chili Sauce or a Tomato Ketchup or Mayonnaise with finely chop Garlic.