Last Updated on March 1, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to cook Filipino Style Cheesy Bacon Bombs
I first found this dish on Facebook, while browsing my timeline the image of Cheesy Bacon Bombs immediately captured my attention. I click the link and showed it to my wife and told her that we are going to do this, my mouth is watering looking at the image. Upon reading the ingredients, I discovered that the author used a Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits, I Googled it and found out that it is not available in the Philippines.
We experimented with different dough ingredients to produce this flaky layer biscuit, but we always fail, the result is not good because most of the biscuits we made absorbs a lot of oil. One day we made Lumpia Shanghai and there were leftovers lumpia wrappers, my wife thought that the purpose of the biscuit in the original Cheesy Bacon Bombs Recipe is to hold the cubed mozzarella cheese. To cut a long story short, the lumpia wrapper can hold the cheese with only a small amount bursting at the sides and less oil absorption compared to the biscuit dough that we tried.
Here it is our Filipino style version of Cheesy Bacon Bombs Recipe. You can get the original recipe here.
Filipino Style Cheesy Bacon Bombs Ingredients:
- 1 200g Honeycured Bacon Sliced
- Mozzarella cheese cut into 1-inch cube
- 1 pack Lumpia wrapper
- Canola oil for frying
Filipino Style Cheesy Bacon Bombs Cooking Instructions:
- Cut the Mozzarella cheese into cubes.
- Place the cubed cheese inside Lumpia wrapper then wrapped it tightly.
- Get a slice of bacon then wrap each Cheesy Bomb, and using a toothpick, secure the sides.
- In a large frying pan, turn on the heat and fry each Cheesy Bacon Bomb in small batches.
- Recommended cooking time is 1 – 2 minutes at a time.
- Remove and place them on paper towels to drain the oil.
- Best Served with iced cold Beer.
Filipino style Cheesy Bacon Bombs Recipe is a great beer match food or serve as an appetizer.