Last Updated on January 19, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Pancit Habhab
Pancit Habhab Recipe – In Filipino cuisine, Pancit is another term for noodles and was first introduced in the Philippines by the Chinese and eventually it came up with many different versions according to what province of that particular Pancit Recipe came from. In this Filipino dish, we are going to make the famous Pancit Habhab, also known as Pancit Lucban from the Province of Quezon wherein this pancit version originated.
Pancit Habhab is not like any other pancit recipe that we all know since it is prepared and served differently. Though it has some ingredients like the usual pancit recipe such as shrimp, pork, carrots, pechay, and sayote, Pancit Habhab uses Miki Lucban; it is a type of dried noodles but not the same as the pancit canton.
To eat this Pancit, no need to use any utensils since Pancit Habhab serves in a banana leaf, and all you have to do is push the noodles to your mouth. For an added flavor to the Pancit, you need drizzle it with vinegar before serving.
Pancit Habhab Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Pancit Habhab Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Lucban Miki noodles
- 1/4 kilo pork belly chopped and thinly sliced
- 5 cups of Beef or Chicken broth
- 1/4 kilo shrimp shell removed
- 1/8 kilo Pork liver thinly sliced
- 1 pc. Chayote Julienne cut
- 1 bunch Pechay sliced
- 1 cup Snow Pea or Chicharo
- 3/4 cup carrots cut into shreds
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 5 tbsp Canola oil
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Grnd black pepper
- Banana leaf washed and cleaned then cut into 5 x 5 inch
- Fish Sauce and Vinegar or Kalamansi
- In a large Wok or frying pan add oil and fry chayote, chicharo, carrots, and pechay for 3 minutes then set aside.
- Next Add the sliced Pork on the same Wok then cook until pork oil comes out.
- Add Garlic and onion and saute with the pork for 2 minutes.
- Add Pork liver and mix well.
- Add ground black pepper and pour-in soy sauce.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry until it turns pink then remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Pour beef or chicken broth, bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 18 minutes.
- Put the Lucban Miki noodles. Stir with the broth mixture until Miki noodles absorbs the broth.
- Add the half of stir-fried veggies then stir thoroughly.
- When serving, place it on the banana leaf and top it with vegetables and shrimp.
- Serve Pancit Habhab with Fish sauce and Vinegar or Vinegar on the side.
Recommended Recipe Video:
Pancit Habhab also known as Pancit Lucban is traditionally served on a banana leaf.