Last Updated on October 23, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Pancit Canton
Pancit Canton Recipe is a mixture of egg noodle dish with chicken, vegetables, shrimp and Chinese sausage. In every Filipino occasion, particularly on Birthdays, Pancit is always on the menu since it is known to represent good health and long life. Though it is only a belief, this noodle dish has been a traditional food during these special occasions.
In this recipe, we are going to make the Pancit Canton; this is one of the most popular variations in cooking Pancit.
Preparing Pancit Canton Guisado is simple and is considered to be a complete meal since it is composed of stir-fried egg noodles, vegetables, chicken, and shrimp. You may also add squid balls if you prefer.
This noodle dish has become a favorite by most Filipinos; in fact, there is a popular instant Pancit Canton brand here in the Philippines, which you may cook at any time of the day. Though, it is much better to eat the home-cooked version of pancit canton than the instant version since it comprises preservatives, which is not suitable for our body.
Now here is how to cook this hearty home-cooked Pancit Canton Recipe.
Ingredients and Cooking Instructions of Canton Guisado:
Pancit Canton Recipe
- 250 grams Pancit canton flour noodles
- 2 pcs Chinese style sausage sliced
- 300 grams pork thinly sliced
- 15 to 18 pcs shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup carrot sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper sliced
- 1 cups cabbage sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or shrimp stock
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley or scallions chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 pcs kalamansi
- Wash, slice and measure all the ingredients needed then set aside.
- In a large bowl place 2 cups of ice and 3 cups water, use this to thaw the blanched veggies, set aside.
- In a large wok, boil 5 cups of water then blanch the snap peas, carrots, and cabbage for a minute.
- Drain the water and transfer the blanched veggies into the iced bowl of water.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes and drain immediately then set aside.
- In the same wok heat the oil and saute garlic and onions.
- Add the Chinese sausage and saute.
- Then add shrimp then cook for 2 minutes or when the shrimp turns to pink remove from the wok and set aside.
- After removing the shrimp, add pork and fry it.
- Add the oyster sauce and soy sauce then stir.
- Pour the shrimp or chicken stock or broth, next add water
- Add salt and pepper then cover it and bring to a boil, about 6 minutes.
- Add pancit canton noodles and toss it until the noodles absorb the broth.
- Add the blanched vegetables, sesame oil and shrimp then toss for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish then topped it with scallions, you can add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Pancit Canton while it's hot.
Pancit Canton Recipe is a favorite noodle dish by most Filipinos; in fact, there is a popular instant Pancit Canton brand which you may cook at any time of the day.
Recommended Pancit Recipes: