Last Updated on May 21, 2023 by Ed Joven
Deliciously Healthy: Cheesy Baked Bangus
Bangus, also known as milkfish, is the National Fish of the Philippines and a popular fish in Filipino cuisine. One of the most versatile and delicious ways to prepare it is by baking it with cheese. This Cheesy Baked Bangus is a mouth-watering Filipino dish that combines the natural flavors of boneless Bangus (big milkfish) with the creamy goodness of melted cheese.
Cheesy Baked Bangus are a great way to add variety to your meal plan while still enjoying the health benefits of a fish-based meal.
Our recipe will guide you in cooking this delicious dish and exploring some of its health benefits. So, get ready to indulge your taste buds while also nourishing your body with this flavorful and nutritious Filipino recipe.
Health Benefits of Cheesy Baked Bangus:
- High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Bangus is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, essential healthy fats for your heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation, lower triglyceride levels, and improve overall heart function.
- Rich in Protein: Bangus is a good source of high-quality protein, essential for building and repairing tissues and maintaining a healthy immune system. Protein is also known to keep you fuller for longer, making it an excellent option for those trying to manage their weight.
- Packed with Vitamins and Minerals: Tomatoes, red bell pepper, and onions are all nutrient-rich vegetables commonly used in the cheesy baked bangus recipe. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, A, and potassium, while red bell pepper is high in vitamin C and antioxidants. Onions contain vitamins B and C and minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
- Calcium from Cheese: Quick Melt Cheese is a popular choice for this recipe due to its melting properties, which create a creamy and gooey texture when baked. Cheese is an excellent calcium source for strong bones, teeth, and nerve and muscle function.
So try this tasty Bangus recipe for your family and friends, and savor the goodness of Cheesy Baked Bangus! Bon appétit!
Cheesy Baked Bangus ( Milkfish ) Ingredients:
Cheesy Baked Bangus Recipe
- 1 kilo boneless bangus big milkfish
- 2 pcs tomatoes chopped
- 2 pcs medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1 pc onion sliced
- 1 box 165g Melty Cheese (Quick Melt or Melt Sarap)
- 1 tbsp liquid seasoning
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. All-in-One Seasoning Granules
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped for garnish
- melted butter or banana leaves
- aluminum foil optional
~ How to Prepare ~
- Season bangus with ground black pepper and all-in-one seasoning granules
- Massage seasoning into bangus, set aside
- In a bowl, add tomato, onion, and pour seasoning then mix well
- Place bangus in a large baking pan (if you do not have banana leaf you need to grease the pan with butter)
- Spread on top marinated tomato and onion
- Add red bell pepper
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and make sure to cover the whole bangus with cheese
- Cover Bangus with banana leaf (you can also use aluminum foil)
~ It's time to Bake ~
- Bake to 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes (Take note: baking time will depend on the size of your bangus)
- Garnish with scallions
- Our Cheesy Baked Bangus is now Ready to Serve!
- This recipe is good for 2 to 3 people
Tips for Cooking and Storing Cheesy Baked Bangus
Here are some tips to help you cook:
- Prepare the bangus properly: Ensure the boneless bangus is cleaned thoroughly and any remaining fish bones removed. This will make it easier and safer to eat.
- Marinate for flavor: Marinate the bangus in a mixture of your choice, such as lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and spices, to infuse it with flavor and help tenderize the fish.
- Use fresh ingredients: Choose fresh tomatoes, red bell pepper, and onions for the best taste and nutritional value. Fresh ingredients will add a burst of flavor to the dish.
- Be mindful of cheese quantity: While Quick Melt Cheese adds a delicious creaminess to the dish, it is high in fat and calories. Use it in moderation to keep the dish healthy.
- Bake to perfection: Follow the recipe instructions for baking time and temperature to ensure the bangus is cooked and the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Tips for Storing:
- Refrigerate Leftovers: If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container and refrigerate them for 2-3 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
- Avoid Freezing: It is not recommended to freeze Cheesy Baked Bangus as the texture of the fish and cheese may become compromised when thawed.
Our Cheesy Baked Bangus is a delightful and healthy dish you can easily prepare at home. Packed with essential nutrients from boneless bangus, tomatoes, red bell pepper, onion, and Quick Melt cheese, this dish is delicious and provides numerous health benefits.
More Bangus Recipes:
- Daing na Bangus Recipe
- Inihaw na Bangus Recipe
- Sinigang na Bangus with Puso ng Saging Recipe
- Paksiw na Bangus Recipe
- Bangus Belly Bistek Recipe
- Bangus Sisig Recipe
- Bangus Belly Tempura Recipe
- Lumpiang Bangus Recipe
- Sinigang na Bangus sa Strawberry Recipe
- Fried Bangus Recipe
- Spanish Bangus Salad Recipe
- Sinigang na Bangus at Talbos ng Kamote