Last Updated on May 26, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to cook Pork Menudo
The Pork Menudo Recipe is a delectable dish. It is composed of pork stew combined with liver cubes, garbanzos or chickpeas, potatoes, tomato sauce and many spices.
The good thing with Pork Menudo is you can skip some of the ingredients, if you don’t like the taste of the liver you may not add it depending on your choice. You may also use Chicken meat instead of pork meat or you can mix them both depending on your taste. It takes time to prepare the ingredients because of the slicing and chopping but cooking this dish is very easy because all you have to do is put everything in. Though, Pork Menudo sounds like a Spanish food it is absolutely a classic Filipino Recipe.
Here’s our version of the delicious Pork Menudo Recipe, give it a try let us know your feedback.
Pork Menudo Recipe Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Pork Menudo Recipe
- 1/2 kilo Pork shoulder boneless, cut into cubes
- 2 small potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 can garbanzos beans chick peas
- 6 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and diced
- 2 small carrots peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pork liver cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp annatto powder
- 2 small green red bell pepper cored, seeded and sliced
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a small bowl, dissolve the Annatto powder in 1/2 cup of water, then set aside.
- In a frying pan, pour Canola oil and apply heat.
- Add onions and garlic, stirring occasionally, until cooked.
- Add pork and fry then Add fish sauce to the Pork and cook for about 3 minutes.
- When the Pork is lightly brown in color, add tomatoes and cook, mash it using the back of spoon, until softened.
- Add the Annatto water and remaining water and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat, then cover and cook for about 40 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add the garbanzos, potatoes, and carrots, then mix well.
- Cover and continue to simmer for around 5 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add the green bell peppers, raisins and liver then cook for another 4 minutes or until liver is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pork Menudo Recipe is a delectable dish composed of pork stew combined with liver cubes, garbanzos with tomatoes and potatoes. You can always find this dish on special occasions for many Filipino homes.