How to cook Shrimp Gambas
Shrimp Gambas Recipe ( Spicy ), is popular Filipino shrimp dish. Most of the Restaurant in the Philippines serve this on their menu as an appetizer or a main dish. The term Gambas in Spanish pertain to prawns, Shrimp Gambas Recipe often uses medium to large sized shrimps, most Restaurants don’t use jumbo or colossal prawns because of price reasons.
This version of Shrimp Gambas Recipe is spicy but you can omit the Chili Sauce and the Green Chili if you are not a fan of spicy foods.
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Shrimp Gambas Recipe and give us your feedback.
Shrimp Gambas Ingredients:
- 3/4 kilo medium to large sized Shrimp
- 1/4 cup Kalamansi juice or lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Green Chili, sliced diagonally (optional)
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil or Cooking oil
- 1 medium sized red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Shrimp Gambas Cooking Instructions:
- Clean the Shrimp, peel and devein then combine shrimp with lemon juice then marinate for 20 minutes.
- Pour cooking oil in a hot frying pan.
- Put the garlic and cook until the color turns light brown.
- Add the onions and bell pepper then cook until the texture softens.
- Now add the shrimps and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the white wine, then add salt and pepper then cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the Chili Sauce and Green Chilies then simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and set-aside.
- You can put it in a Hot plate for a sizzling treat.
- Served hot with Garlic Rice.
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: