How to cook Cheesy Bake Broccoli
Most of the kids nowadays are picky eaters that they don’t want to try new dishes, especially if it contains even a small amount of food that they don’t like particularly veggies and that’s probably one of the dilemmas by Mom’s to make their children eat nutritious foods.
So here’s a delightful and healthy recipe idea which the whole family will surely enjoy, it is the Baked Cheese Broccoli Recipe. Since we all know that kids love bacon and cheese they would absolutely cannot resist this dish.
This Cheesy Bake Broccoli Recipe is indeed a mouth-watering comfort food, sprinkled with bacon on top and creamy cheese sauce, which is bursting with enticing flavors and nutrition and baked to perfection.
Preparing this is very easy, but don’t overcook the broccoli in order to take in the full beneficial effects found in this vegetable. Broccoli has an enzyme called myrosinase which help reduce the risk of developing cancer and if overcooked, it may decrease its beneficial properties.
Cheesy Bake Broccoli Ingredients:
- 1-3/4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real Bacon Bits
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Cheesy Bake Broccoli Cooking Instructions:
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in onion and cheddar cheese until cheese is melted.
- Drain broccoli; stir into cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutesor until vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Cheesy Bake Broccoli Recipe is indeed a mouth-watering comfort food, sprinkled with bacon on top and creamy cheese sauce.