Last Updated on January 28, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to cook Max’s Style Fried Chicken
Max’s Style Fried Chicken Recipe is our attempt to replicate Max’s Restaurant’s delicious fried chicken. We can honestly say that this recipe is very near to the original Max Fried Chicken, the chicken skin is thin and crisp while the moist and tender chicken meat separates from the bone; surely “Sarap to the bones!”
Max’s Restaurant has established itself as a household name in the Philippines, an institution, and a proud Filipino tradition. Their main product, the delicious, tender, juicy, and crispy Max Fried Chicken, is the most sought after dish in their Restaurant.
Our Max Fried Chicken has a moist, tender, and crisp skin that will really make you ask for more. Please give it a try.
Max’s Restaurant Style Fried Chicken Ingredients and Procedure:
Max's Style Fried Chicken Recipe
- 3 Chicken leg quarters
For the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon Ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
For Poaching liquid:
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- Canola Cooking oil
For Dipping sauce:
- 5 tbsp Tomato Ketchup or
- 5 tbsp Lechon Spicy Sauce
Prepare to Marinate:
- Wash and clean chicken legs, then pat dry using paper towels.
- Place the chicken legs in a large bowl, then add the garlic, ginger, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Generously rub the spices and seasonings into the chicken meat.
- Set aside and marinate for 3 hours to overnight.
Prepare Poaching Liquid:
- In a pan, pour water, add whole black pepper, garlic cloves, onion, bay leaf, and salt to taste.
- Tip: Make sure that the poaching liquid is salty.
- Let it boil for 3 minutes, then add chicken.
- Make sure the chicken is submerged in the poaching liquid.
- Cook the chicken for 15 minutes over medium fire.
- After 15 minutes, remove the chicken.
- Chill to remove liquid from chicken skin so that
- when you fry, it will become crispy.
- Before frying, make sure to pat dry chicken with a paper
- towel to remove the remaining moisture.
- Add oil only halfway to the frypan.
- Fry until the chicken skins are golden brown.
- Remove from the pan.
- Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with Garlic Rice and Lechon sauce or Banana ketchup.
Max Fried Chicken is our version of the moist, tender, crispy and delicious fried chicken from Max’s Restaurant.
Popular Filipino Chicken Recipes: