Last Updated on
How to cook Sinampalukang Manok
Sinampalukang Manok Recipe is like Sinigang but it is not a Sinigang variant because the main ingredients are sauteed first. Sinigang soup is characterized by its sour and savoury taste and is a very popular Filipino comfort food. In fact, in almost every province in the Philippines, there is a different version of sinigang. These sinigang soups are mostly influenced by the availability of the souring ingredients or pampaasim.
Other sinigang dish that we have are the following Sinigang na Baka, Sinigang na Bangus with puso ng Saging, Seafood Sinigang, Sinigang na Hipon, Pork Sinigang, Sinigang na Isda with Sigarilyas and Sinigang na Bangus sa Strawberry.
Sinampalukang Manok is a famous Filipino sour soup dish and one of the favorites of every Filipino because of its savory taste. Best paired with Filipino Fried Chicken, Bagnet recipe, Daing na Bangus or Lechon Kawali.
Sinampalukang Manok Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Sinampalukang Manok Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken sliced into serving sizes (we used drumstick cut)
- 2 cups Kangkong river spinach
- 1 bunch Sitaw string beans
- 1 medium Eggplant sliced
- 4 small tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup Tamarind leaves young leaves if available
- 1 bunch Lemongrass tanglad
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 pcs. long chilli
- 1 sachet Sinigang mix
- 1 chicken cube bouillon
- 3 tbsp Patis fish sauce
- 3 tbsp Canola Cooking oil
- 4 cups water
- salt to taste
- Pour Canola oil in a large cooking pot then apply heat.
- Add onion and tomatoes then saute.
- When it becomes soft, add the chicken.
- Let the chicken cook until it turns light brown.
- Add in the fish sauce, and the chicken cube(bouillon) then stir well.
- Pour water and add lemongrass then cover the pot and bring it to boil.
- When it begins to boil add the tamarind leaves and the sinigang mix powder.
- Continue to cook until the chicken becomes tender.
- Add the chilis, eggplant and Sitaw (string beans) then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add kangkong leaves and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- You can add more Salt according to your taste.
- Serve in a large bowl with fried fish or friend chicken.
Sinampalukang Manok Recipe is a famous Filipino sour soup dish and one of the favorites of every Filipino because of its savory taste.