GD Star Rating
Lumpiang Sariwa or Lumpia Sariwa, literally means ‘fresh springroll‘, consist of shredded fresh vegetables minced ubod ( a palm tree trunk), flaked chicken, crushed peanuts, and turnips as an extender in a double wrapping of lettuce leaf and a yellowish egg crepe. Lumpia Sariwa is not exactly all fresh because the filling is fully cooked although that lone leaf of raw lettuce would probably qualify it for freshness. It’s called Lumpiang Sariwa or ‘fresh springroll’ because it is not fried as compared to other Pinoy Lumpia.
Lumpiang Sariwa’s accompanying sauce is made from chicken or pork stock, a starch mixture, and fresh garlic. The preferred size for this Lumpia is to be around 5 inches in diameter and 8-12 inches in length. Lumpiang Sariwa is best eaten right away, before the wrapper dries out or gets soggy.
Lumpiang Sariwa Ingredients:
Lumpia Sariwa Filling:
- 1 medium sized cabbage (about 1/4 kilo), shredded
- 2 cups baguio beans or string beans, chopped
- 2 cups sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 pcs Lettuce leaves
- 1/8 kilo pork
- 2 squares tokwa (tofu), sliced in strips
- 1 medium sized onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 pork cube
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1/2 cup peanuts, finely crushed (for garnishing)
Lumpia Sariwa Wrapper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pieces raw eggs
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- oil to grease frying pan
Lumpia Sariwa Sauce:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pork cube
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp corn starch (diluted in 4 tbsp water)
Lumpiang Sariwa Cooking Instructions:
Cook the Filling:
- Thinly slice the Pork, heat the frying pan, add cooking oil then saute’ the garlic and onions. Add the pork and fry until color turns light brown.
- Now add pork cube and half cup of water then simmer until pork is tender, add shrimps and sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Add the tofu and cook for a few minutes then add cilantro, carrots, and string beans then mix with the other ingredients.
- Now add the cabbage and cook it for 5 minutes, add the fish sauce and mix.
- Set aside
How to make the Wrapper:
- In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and beat
- Add the milk while beating
- Put in the salt and all-purpose flour then mix thoroughly
- Add the vegetable oil and mix well
- Turn the stove on to medium heat and put the non-stick pan in place
- Spray the pan with oil or grease with butter
- Pour-in the wrapper mixture (about half a cup) and tilt the pan to distribute the liquid evenly
- Cook until the top part of the mixture is dry (about 2 minutes)
- Using a spatula, remove the cooked mixture and place in a flat plate. Set aside
How to make the Lumpia Sariwa Sauce:
- In a saucepan, pour the water and bring to a boil
- Add the brown sugar and pork cubes
- Put some salt and soy sauce then mix well
- Dilute the cornstarch in water and pour in the saucepan.
- Cook until the sauce becomes thick. Set aside.
To Wrap the Filling:
- Place the wrapper in a plate then place a lettuce leaf in the middle top part of the wrapper.
- Spoon the filling and place in the middle of the wrapper (over the lettuce leaf)
- Close the wrapper by folding the lower part first then roll the sides until the filling is sealed
- Pour the sauce over the Lumpiang Sariwa and garnish with crushed peanuts and minced garlic.
Lumpiang Sariwa Recipe,
Tags: lumpia sariwa
, vegetable recipe
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>