Last Updated on January 17, 2013 by Ed Joven
Rellenong Talong Recipe can be translated as “Stuffed Eggplant Omelette” or popularly knows as Tortang Talong (Eggplant Omellete).
Estimated cooking time: 40 minutes
Rellenong Talong Ingredients:
- 1/4 Kilo Ground Lean Pork
- 4-5 pieces Talong ( Eggplant ) small sizes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pc. Tomato Chopped to garnish
Rellenong Talong Cooking Instructions:
- Grill Talong (eggplants) for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Peel but do not remove stems then flatten Talong (eggplants) and set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan for 1 minute then saute onion until soft, then add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add Ground pork and cook until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs and dip the flattened eggplants in the beaten eggs. Spoon some of the cooked pork in to each eggplant and season with salt. Dredge with flour so the pork will adhere to the eggplant.
- Heat oil in frying pan, then fry the eggplants one or two at a time until brown. Remove from pan and drain oil with paper towels.
- Garnish with chopped Tomato.
- Serve with Rice.
Rellenong Talong is a delicious stuffed eggplant with sautéed ground meat, vegetables, spices, and herbs.