Last Updated on
How to cook Kalderetang Kambing
Kaldereta Kambing is one of the meat dishes every Filipino has come to love. It is a favorite pulutan and is a requisite during fiestas. You can always find it in the menus of authentic Filipino restaurant or even in “turo-turo” type restaurant.
It is usually served in special occasions like town fiestas and birthday parties, also perfect as pulutan or appetizer especially when beer is around. Kalderetang Kambing became one of the favorite dishes by Filipinos since the influence of the Spanish rule in the Philippines. Goat meat is a lot cheaper than beef and it is much healthier because it has fewer calories, less fat, cholesterol and saturated fat. Cooking goat meat must be at low temperature to avoid it from becoming dry and tough.
Try this easiest way of cooking Kalderetang Kambing Recipe.
Kalderetang Kambing Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Kalderetang Kambing Recipe (Goat Kaldereta)
- 1 kg Goat meat
- 1 can button mushroom cut into halves
- 2 medium size onion chopped
- 1/2 head garlic chopped
- 1 can liver spread
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pkt. kaldereta mix
- 5-8 peppercorns crushed
- 2 medium size green/red bell pepper cut into 1-inch square
- 2 medium size potato quartered
- 1 medium size carrots cut same size as potato
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 3 siling labuyo
- 3 bay leaf
- Marinate goat meat with vinegar, a dash of salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain marinate and stir fry meat until color changes to light brown, keep aside.
- In a casserole pan, saute garlic and onion, add meat and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce and liver spread, stir cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 3-4 cups of water, crushed pepper corns and bay leaf simmer for 30 minutes or until meat are tender.
- Add potato, carrots, mushroom siling labuyo and kaldereta mix diluted in 1/2 cup of water, simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetable are cooked and sauce thickens.
- Add bell pepper, season with salt and cook for another 30 seconds,
- Serve hot with Rice.
Kalderetang Kambing Recipe is a stewed goat meat with tomato sauce, liver spread and vegetables.