Last Updated on November 8, 2023 by Ed Joven
How to cook the famous Filipino Chicken Curry
Filipino Style Chicken Curry Recipe Filipino style is a variation of the local Ginataang Manok, where the chicken is cooked in coconut milk. The only difference is in Chicken Curry, we have added the Curry powder plus the vegetable and other spices to increase the flavor.
In most places, the terms “chicken curry” and “curry chicken” are interchangeable. However, there is a considered difference between the two terms in some countries, even though both dishes include curry and chicken. While different version renders their distinct taste and presentation, the underlying flavors of chicken curry are pretty much the same, and it is very spicy, rich, aromatic, and highly addictive.
My wife and I love this delicious Filipino Chicken Curry version and make it all the time.
Ingredients and Procedure : Filipino Style Chicken Curry
Filipino Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken
- 2 medium sized potatoes chopped
- 1 big carrot sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 stalks celery cut into 2 inches length
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 thumb ginger cut into strips
- 1 cup water
- Cut the chicken into pieces. Leave the chicken bone-in. If you prefer boneless chicken meat, then de-bone the chicken.
- Heat up a deep pot and add the oil.
- Fry the potato and carrots for 2 minutes and set aside
- Sauté Chicken together with garlic, onion and ginger.
- When garlic is light brown in color add fish sauce, and curry powder
- Stir well then add water then cover the pot and lower the heat to medium and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Once the chicken is cooked add the red bell pepper, celery, carrot and potato then simmer for 5 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and mix well. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
You can adjust the taste by adding more fish sauce and ground black pepper. Another Pinoy Recipe that looks like Chicken Curry is Chicken Halang halang.
Filipino Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Curry Empanada Recipe
- Ginisang Munggo Recipe with Chicken
- Chicken Caldereta Recipe
- Chicken Asado Recipe
- Lechon Manok Recipe
- Pininyahang Manok with Gata Recipe
- Sinampalukang Manok Recipe
- Chicken Sopas Recipe
- Chicken Tinola Recipe
- Top 20 Filipino Chicken Recipes