Last Updated on November 8, 2012 by Ed Joven
Paksiw na Lechon Manok, we Filipinos have the popular Lechon Paksiw for pork lechon, here’s the version for the chicken lechon, Paksiw na Lechon Manok. This recipe is ideal for Lechon Manok left overs.
Paksiw na Lechon Manok Ingredients:
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc medium onion, sliced
- 1 whole (750 g) cooked lechon manok, cut-up
- 1 can (234 g) Fresh Cut Pineapple Chunks
- 2 pc laurel leaves
- 3 tbsp Cane Vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid seasoning
- 1/4 tsp iodized fine salt (or 1/4 tbsp iodized rock salt)
- 1/2 cup lechon sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried banana blossom (bulaklak ng saging) (optional)
- 1 dozen quail eggs, boiled and shell removed (optional)
Paksiw na Lechon Manok Cooking Instructions:
In a Casserole saute garlic, onion and chicken for 2 minutes.
Add 1/4 cup water all the remaining ingredients except banana blossom and quail eggs.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add banana blossom and Quail eggs then simmer for 5 minutes.
Serve hot with rice.
Paksiw na Lechon Manok is a delicious and yummy dish that you can do for your left over Litson Manok