Last Updated on
Chinese Beef Broccoli Recipe, Learn how to make Chinese Beef Broccoli from PinoyRecipe.net. This dish is a heart-healthy and delicious stir fry beef and broccoli recipe, that is quick and easy to prepare and adds protein from the beef strips with authentic Chinese cuisine taste.
Chinese Beef Broccoli Recipe has it all, the cancer fighting broccoli, heart-healthy garlic, and lean meat are chopped up and stir fried in a nonstick skillet, then simmered in a delicious, fragrant brown sauce that delicately envelops the meat and vegetables. This dish uses little oil, but it doesn’t lack in big taste.
The secret to Chinese Beef Broccoli Recipe big taste is in the browning of the beef, and a secret ingredient sesame oil, used often as a flavoring in Asian dishes. The healthy thing about Sesame oil, it is high in omega-6 fatty acid, polyunsaturated fats, is low in saturated fats, and contains vitamin E and antioxidants, sesamol and sesamin.
PinoyRecipe.net highly recommend this heart-healthy and delicious Chinese Beef Broccoli Recipe.
Chinese Beef Broccoli Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo flank or sirloin, sliced thinly across the grain
- 1/2 kilo broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons Sesame cooking oil
- 2 medium sized onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced or mushed through garlic crusher
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Sauce:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Chinese Beef Broccoli Cooking Instructions:
Marinate the beef:
- Stir together the beef marinade ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the beef slices and stir until coated.
- Let stand for 10 minutes
Prepare the sauce:
- Stir together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Blanch the broccoli:
- Cook the broccoli in a small pot of boiling, salted water until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat until a bead of water sizzles and instantly evaporates upon contact.
- Add the cooking oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the beef and immediately spread the beef out all over the surface of the wok or pan in a single layer (preferably not touching). Let the beef fry undisturbed for 1 minute.
- Flip the beef slices over, add the garlic to the pan and fry for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute until no longer pink, Pour in the sauce, add the blanched broccoli and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the dissolved cornstarch and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens, 30 seconds.
Tip: To slice beef very thin partially freeze it, or if frozen, slice before it is completely thawed.