Last Updated on
How to make Pimiento Cheese Stick
Pimiento Cheese Sticks Recipe is a popular snack or merienda here in the Philippines. This cheese sticks are deep fried with pimiento, it often serves as an appetizer paired with an assortment of dipping sauces like guacamole dip or spicy mayo. Pimiento cheese is a common and one of the great dishes in the Southern United States.
Pimiento is a word borrowed from the Spanish language; it is a large, heart-shaped red chili pepper and its flesh is sweet and aromatic than the red bell pepper. There are many variations on which kind of cheeses to use like Velveeta, American cheese or any other quickmelt cheese.
Pimiento Cheese Stick Ingredients:
- 470g Quickmelt Cheese
- 1 can pimento, drained and cut into strips
- 40 Lumpia wrapper
- 2 tbsp. of water
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- Mayo Dip (equal portion of mayo & tomato ketchup)
- Spicy Mayo Dip (equal portion of mayo & hot chili sauce)
- or Guacamole Dip, bottled.
Pimiento Cheese Stick Cooking Instructions:
- Prepare the wrappers and 2 tbsp. of water for sealing.
- Cut cheese into 1/4 inch thick and place between cling wrap and roll to flatten the cheese.
- Put small amount of pimento in the center of the cheese and place into the wrapper.
- Brush the edges of each wrapper with water one at a time.
- Wrap each pimento cheese in a wrapper and press edges to seal and repeat procedure until all done.
- Heat the pan and fry cheese sticks in batches until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and let stand for 3-5 minutes then serve hot.
- Combine equal portions of mayonnaise and hot chili sauce, mix well, or open a bottled of guacamole and serve it as your dip.
Pimiento Cheese Stick Recipe are deep fried with pimiento and often serves as an appetizer.