Last Updated on July 8, 2016 by Ed Joven
Try this lengthy and tasty Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Filipino Style
The red spaghetti is one favorite of the Filipinos. However, the Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe is starting to make its name to the Filipino tongues. As you notice in any other occasions, carbonara is served and it is undeniably appealing to the guests. For kids, it can complete the birthday celebration.
Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Filipino Style has a richer and creamier white sauce. Its taste is incredibly delicious and could satisfy your appetite. You will greatly notice the perfect combination of spices, cheese, ham and bacon, cream and milk in one delightful meal. Eventually, you can say that this pasta dish is indeed a masterpiece.
Spaghetti Carbonara Filipino Recipe version combines cream, eggs, cheese and bacon. The traditional Italian Spaghetti Carbonara version omits the cream, but most people in the Philippines are accustomed to having a bit of cream in their carbonara, so here’s our Pinoy Recipe version.
Spaghetti Carbonara Filipino Style Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo spaghetti
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Spaghetti Carbonara Filipino Style Cooking Instructions:
- Fill a large soup pot with cold water and add a handful or so of salt. Stir and taste; it should taste like seawater.
- Cover the pot and heat the water until it boils.
- Add the diced bacon to a cold saute’ pan and cook slowly over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Drop the spaghetti into the boiling salted water and cook according to package instructions, about 6 to 9 minutes or until al dente, or tender but still firm to the bite.
- While the pasta cooks, combine the eggs, cheese, cream and olive oil in a bowl and beat with a whisk until completely mixed.
- Drain pasta, toss with the egg and cream mixture, then add the cooked bacon and chopped parsley.
- Serve right away, with additional grated cheese if desired.
Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Filipino Style has a richer and creamier white sauce.
Spaghetti Carbonara Filipino Recipe version combines cream, eggs, cheese and bacon.