Last Updated on November 10, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to make Buko Melon Salad
Buko Melon Salad Recipe has an excellent combination of fruits not only that it tastes so good but the nutrition’s that you will get along with melon and buko are endless.
Filipino dessert is probably the most anticipated dish especially during holidays and special occasions and Buko salad is one of them. Coconut salad or Buko salad is a well-known dessert here in the Philippines, but this time we are adding Melon.
Melon fruit is rich in vitamins and minerals that have many benefits for our health. It contains a lot of water at about 95% of the fruit that give a cool and refreshing effect to our body which can prevent heartburn and cleanse our kidneys. Buko or coconut fruit is also rich in minerals, proteins, vitamins and has a lot of bio-active compounds which are very important for our body.
With all the nutritional benefits, we highly recommend that you try this Buko Melon Salad Recipe this Holiday season and your family will surely love the taste.
Buko Melon Salad Ingredients and Procedure:
Buko Melon Salad Recipe
- 3/4 cup Condensed milk
- 3/4 cup or 1 pack 250ml nestle all-purpose cream
- 1/2 cup coconut juice
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups melon “cantaloupe” diced and drained
- 1 cup shredded young coconut meat drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked sago pearls or unflavoured gulaman diced or nata de coco, drained
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Cook sago or gulaman according to package, if using sago or nata de coco drained well and set aside and if you wish to use a gulaman let it set completely and diced smaller than the size of your melon.
- Wash, peel and dice the melon and drain the excess juice and same with the young coconut shred and drained as well, reserving some coconut juice then set aside.
- Heat condensed milk and cream in a pan on a low heat and stir to mix well let bring to simmer.
- Dissolve cornstarch in reserve coconut juice and add into your cream mixture.
- Simmer over low heat until it thickens and forms a ribbon when you lift the spoon.
- Let it cool completely, stir occasionally to cool down and to avoid the cream from scorching.
- In a big salad bowl combine diced melons, coconut strips and cooked sago pearls, gulaman or nata de coco and toss in cooled dressing. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve in dessert glass and top with a scoop of vanilla or melon ice cream and enjoy!
We recommend Melon Sago't Gulaman in a cup:
Buko Melon Salad Recipe is rich in minerals, proteins and vitamins.