Last Updated on March 27, 2015 by Ed Joven
How to make Special Buko Ice Candy
Summer is here and many people are finding their own way to cool down their temperature. As a matter of fact, this Special Buko Ice Candy Recipe has become a hit and fantastic cooler. Not only that it is literally cool, its flavor is without a doubt delightful and tasty!
If you are into this ‘ice candy craze’, then you can get a taste of this cooler in sari-sari stores, street corners and eateries. Each store has their own and unique variation of Buko Ice Candy. Some are mixed with sago while other is gulaman. But no matter what the add-on is, this summer cooler really rocks!
This Special Buko Ice Candy Recipe has a full cream evap milk to give it a creamy taste and vanilla extract that gives a smooth and almost savory flavor.
Special Buko Ice Candy Ingredients:
- 1 piece young coconut, scraped into strings
- 2 cups coconut water (buko juice)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups evaporated or fresh milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
Materials you need:
- A Ladle and a Funnel.
- Ice Candy Wrapper (I use “Texas” a narrow plastic bag)
Special Buko Ice Candy Instructions:
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch into coconut water and stir until dissolved.
- Heat the mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil and turn to low and simmer for about 3-5 minutes just until it thickens like syrup. (Adding cornstarch is a method to make the ice becomes smooth and soft).
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and stir until fully dissolves.
- Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk and vanilla extract if desired.
- Stir thoroughly until well blended and add coconut strings and mix well.
- Test the taste of your mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Use a funnel and ladle and pour the mixture into each Ice candy wrapper about 5 inches high.
- If you don’t have a funnel you can use a pitcher. T
- Tie the top tightly and trim the plastic if desired.
- Arrange Ice Candy in the freezer and freeze until frozen.
- Serve Special Buko Ice Candy anytime and enjoy!
This Special Buko Ice Candy Recipe has a creamy taste, with a smooth and almost savory flavor.