Last Updated on November 7, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to make Buko Pandan Salad
Summer brings in a whole lot of different things, from vacation trips, sweat, food, and heat. But what I personally enjoy the most during summer are the food best served during summer. Buko Pandan Salad is one of my personal favorite summer dessert snacks that I look forward to the most.
This dish, which originated from the province of Bohol is one I consider a good staple that you should have in your refrigerator just in case the summer heat gets too much. Having a bowl of this is a good way to cool off, plus it is damn tasty.
Personally, I always look into the health benefits I can get to the things I eat. And I’m teaching the recipe of making Buko Pandan Salad not only because it tastes delicious, but also because you can actually get the nutritional benefits from it. In Buko Pandan Salad, some of the ingredients you can find are coconut strips, condensed milk, vanilla and tapioca pearls. Coconut strips contain a lot of antioxidants and other healing properties. These can have therapeutic effects! Tapioca, in the right amount, is good for the tummy because it is easily digestible, it also contains high amounts of iron and it is cholesterol free.
I love Buko Pandan Salad because the taste and benefits of it is the exact opposite of its recipe. It has rich flavors and numerous benefits, but making it is pretty simple. It entails mixing, heating some ingredients, then mixing again, cutting, and lastly freezing.
Buko Pandan Salad Ingredients and Procedure:
Buko Pandan Salad Recipe
- 8 leaves of Pandan - must be cleaned well
- 5 Buko Coconutnot too hard, not too soft- Grated to strips
- Water approx. 10 cups
- 3 small cans of Nestle Cream
- 1 medium can of Condensed Milk
- 2 bars of Green Gulaman
- 1 3/4 Cups Sugar more if you want it sweeter
- 1 cup Kaong optional
- Boil water together with 8 pandan leaves that are individually twisted to break the fibers and expose the juice. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Before adding 2 bars of gulaman, make sure you remove the pandan leaves and check if the remaining water is equal to 8 cups - 1 bar of gulaman is good for 4 cups of liquid. If it is not 8 cups, less will mean hard gulaman and more than 8 cups will result in mushy soft gulaman.
- Ensuring gulaman is well-dissolved stir well.
- Add sugar while mixing. Do this for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer into cooling trays. Wait till it cools and hardens, then put in fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix the grated buko with the 3 cans of cream and 1 can of condensed milk.
- Add kaong if you prefer.
- Get gulaman from ref and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Mix with buko mixture.
- Served with Vanilla Ice Cream on top for a more delectable treat.
Buko Pandan Salad Recipe is one of the popular Filipino salad served in almost every special occasions
Check out the Health Benefits of Buko in this article.
We also recommend these Filipino Salad Recipes: