Last Updated on
How to make Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad
Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad Recipe is a delicious Filipino dessert, a family favorite, very simple and easy to prepare. It is so tasty you can serve it over lunch or dinner, Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad is also great for parties. Don’t forget to try the famous Sago at Gulaman drink, in case you have extra sago and gulaman after doing this recipe.
Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad is extremely a versatile dessert, you can add more ingredients as you please, like apples or other fruits, you really can’t go wrong with this dish.
Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad Ingredients:
- 250g Sago (Raw Tapioca Pearls)
- 2-2½ Liters of water, for boiling
- 2 boxes Alsa Gulaman Red and Green, cooked and diced
- 3 young coconuts, meat scrapped
- 1 pack (250ml) All Purpose Cream
- 1 can (300ml) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can (154ml) Evaporated Milk
Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad Instructions:
Cook the Sago:
- First, you have to cook the sago “tapioca pearls” according to package direction. We need to use a large pot and 2 liters of water, then bring into a boil. Never add or drop your sago into unboiling water or else it will start to stick together and at the bottom of your pan.
- Cook for about an hour or so, stirring every now and then until sago cooked through and becomes translucent. And when you’re done fire off, drain your sago in a large colander and rinse in running water to stop the cooking process. Transfer into a large bowl and set aside or you can refrigerate them if you want.
Cook the Gulaman:
- Cook your gulaman according to package direction. Pour gulaman mixture into a mold, refrigerate and let it set completely. When your Gulaman is completely set you can cut them into cubes, it’s up to you what size you prefer and set aside. And if you want to add or use nata de coco instead of gulaman, you have to drain it completely before using.
Prepare the salad:
- In a small bowl, combine the all purpose cream, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk and mix until well blended. You can also add vanilla essence, if you want.
- At this point all ingredients have been prepared and we are ready to make our salad. In a big salad bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate your buko sago gulaman salad for at least 2 hours before serving.
Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad is extremely a versatile dessert, you can add more ingredients as you please.