Last Updated on November 27, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Buko Lychee Salad
Buko Lychee Salad Recipe – Most Filipinos love Buko Salad; it is always present on holidays like birthdays, Christmas and New Year. That being said, sometimes you get tired of the usual Buko salad, and then you thought of something new to make this tropical dessert more tasty and delicious to prepare during those special occasions.
So here is the Buko Lychee Salad, a much more delightful version of buko salad that we are used to. This salad might be your next favorite dessert to add to your menu in the following holidays.
Preparing this Buko salad variant is very simple, and you can get this done in no time. This dessert is also ideal for serving in summer since coconut and lychee have a cooling effect on our body, entirely refreshing us during hot days.
Now here is how to make this delectable and nutritious Buko Lychee Salad.
Ingredients of Buko Lychee Salad :
Buko Lychee Salad Recipe
- 1 can Lychee in Syrup
- 2 1/2 cups Fresh Buko Juice, young coconut water
- 3 envelopes of unflavoured Gelatin powder
- 3 1/2 cups grated Buko meat, fresh young coconut
- 1 pack 250ml All-Purpose cream
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla ice cream, to top
- Pour in a saucepan the young coconut water, then dissolve the gelatin powder and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Simmer until the gelatin powder is completely dissolved. Cooking time will take about 4 minutes.
- In an 8×8 square dish, pour-in the Gelatin mixture. Let it cool, then chill in the refrigerator until the Gelatin is set to firm.
- Once the Gelatin is firm, cut into small cubes, then set aside.
- Using the same dish, add in grated Buko meat (young coconut) and lychee.
- Pour-in the sweetened condensed milk and All-Purpose cream to a separate bowl, then mix well to combine thoroughly.
- Pour the Cream mixture over young coconut meat, lychee, and gelatin mixture, then mix well.
- Chill for 2 hours. When serving, topped it with vanilla ice cream for a much flavorful experience. Enjoy!
Also try our Creamy Buko Pandan Salad :
Here’s a tip to quickly make a fruit salad; always remember to chill the cream and the condensed milk at least overnight. It is best when these two ingredients are completely-chilled.