Last Updated on October 28, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to make Buko Pandan Sago’t Gulaman
Buko Pandan Sago’t Gulaman Recipe – Based on the news, summer heat is really hot and we need to stay cool. And aside from wearing caps and sunglasses, and using sunblock, there are other ways to fight off the heat. You can do so by making yourself a pitcher of Buko Pandan Sago’t Gulaman Drink. Buko Pandan has a lot of varieties of dishes but the main component of it, Buko Pandan, originated in Bohol which later on just spread all across the country.
This drink is found on top of my list for best summer drinks. Not only does it have the right amount of sweetness, but it is so cold that it freshens you up. However, more than just the taste, I recommend this drink because of its nutritional benefits. Coconut milk, one of the ingredients of the drink, is rich in lauric acid; Lauric Acid is a compound that strengthens our immune system-making it perform better in warding off diseases. There’s also a lot of minerals in it like Potassium, Magnesium and Iron.
In making Buko Pandan Sago’t Gulaman Drink, you will have to use Coconut Juice. Coconut Juice is very good for re-hydrating our body. This is actually why a lot of runners or people who exercise would drink Coconut juice after their activities, so they can easily re-hydrate. I won’t have to worry about getting dehydrated, thanks to this.
Like the other dishes on this site, the Buko Pandan Sago’t Gulaman is no exception to simple recipes. I know this is something many of you would appreciate because all you need to do is heat some stuff, chill, cut, mix and wait-that’s it!
Buko Pandan Sago’t Gulaman Ingredients and Procedure:
Buko Pandan Sago't Gulaman Recipe
- 2 pcs. fresh coconuts cut in half and scrape (yield 3¼ cups), reserved ½ cup
- 2½ cups sago cooked
- 3 cups pandan gulaman cooked, reseved ½ cup
- 1 370ml alaska crema-asada, chilled
- 1 370ml evaporated milk
- 1 300ml condensed milk
- ½ cup coconut water or water
- ½ cup pandan gulaman
- ½ cup fresh coconut
- Whipped cream optional
You Also Need:
- 12 pcs. 12oz. plastic cups
Let’s prepare our condiments:
- First, you need to cook your sago, we need a half cup of big raw sago and cook in 1 liter of boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Drain, rinse several times, soak in water and keep chill for at least 8 hrs.
- Reboil for 15 minutes, and leave sago covered for another 30 minutes.
- Rinse and soak in water, and it’s ready to use.
For the Gulaman:
- We’re going to cook a firm gulaman but if you prefer a softer gulaman adjust and add more water needed.
But for this recipe, we need 1(25g) sachet of pandan flavored gulaman, 3½ cups of water and 1/3 cup of sugar.
Combine in pot and stir until gulaman powder and sugar dissolved. Bring to a boil, while stirring continuously and pour it in any container and let it cool down.
Chill and cut into cubes and set aside.
Let’s prepare our Coconut:
- Scrape coconut meat from the shell using a coconut scraper, try to avoid the brown bottom part as possible as you can.
- If fresh coconuts are not available, you can use a frozen coconut, but you have to thaw it first before using.
Let’s make our Buko Pandan with Sago:
- In a large bowl, pour in chilled Alaska Crema-Asada, evaporated and sweetened condensed milk and stir until well blended.
- Add in, cooked gulaman, sago and coconut meat strings and mix well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Let’s prepare our Whipped Cream:
- In a mixing bowl, combine ½ cup frosty whip cream powder, ½ tsp pandan extract and ½ cup cold water.
- Let the powder soak for a sec. and whip on medium until frothy, then whip on high until double in volume and soft peaks form.
Assemble Buko Pandan with Sago:
- In a tall glass or plastic cups, fill cups at least 2/3’s full of buko pandan salad, add pandan whipped cream on top and fresh coconuts.
- Serve in a cup and enjoy it with your family.
This Buko Pandan Sago’t Gulaman Drink is easy to prepare, all you have to do is cook the sago and gulaman separately and add fresh coconut meat strings.
Other Buko Pandan and Buko Recipes: