How to make Creamy Buko Salad
Creamy Buko Salad Recipe is a deliciously refreshing traditional Filipino dessert prepared with young coconut (buko), fruits, all-purpose cream, condensed milk, and nata de coco and kaong or palm fruit.
One of the popular desserts served in the Philippines is the Buko Salad Recipe or Young Coconut Salad. The coconut is considered one of the most important fruits in the tropics. Nutritionally, it is high in potassium, and the water is rich in minerals. The meat from young coconuts is relatively softer and will glide in your mouth, while older coconuts tend to be more challenging.
What makes the buko the star of this recipe is its distinct flavor and softness and a little crunchiness that it gives even when combined with the other ingredients. Variations include the addition of other ingredients like apples, cheese, peanuts, nata de coco, etc. You need to chill Buko Salad for a couple of hours before serving it to blend all the ingredients and bring out the flavor.
Give Creamy Buko Salad Recipe a try, and you will surely enjoy it.
Ingredients and Procedure of Creamy Buko Salad
Creamy Buko Salad Recipe
- 3 cups fresh coconut shredded
- 2 cups fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 cup nata de coco
- 1 250ml All-purpose cream, chilled
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- Drain fruit cocktail, nata de coco and fresh shredded coconut for about an hour. This will prevent your salad from being soggy.
- In a separate bowl pour All-purpose cream(Chilled) and sweet condensed milk and mix well.
- Place drained fruits in a bowl then add the cream mixture.
- Toss fruits lightly and mix thoroughly until well blended.
- Chill for about an hour and serve.
This sweet and delicious Creamy Buko Salad dessert is very similar to the Fruit Salad in terms of the preparation, texture, and some of the ingredients used. The main difference is that the buko is the primary or dominant ingredient in this dessert, cut in strips. Various fruits, either canned or fresh, are combined with heavy or table cream and condensed milk.