Last Updated on March 22, 2023 by Ed Joven
How to cook Mocha Mamon with Oreo
Mocha Mamon is one of the favorite flavored mini cakes in the Philippines. It is soft and fluffy, so delightful to eat. This delicious snack is infused with vanilla and coffee to create that perfect mocha flavor. The most common toppings used for this mini cake are cheese and sugar. However, this Mocha Mamon with Oreo Recipe puts a twist on your regular Mocha Mamon.
When it comes to Mamons, Oreo cookies can be a great addition to texture and flavor. So if you’re looking for a new afternoon snack, this mocha Mamon with choco cookies is perfect for tea and coffee. The best thing about this recipe is that it yields fluffy mini cakes that don’t crumble when you take a bite. Plus, unlike other Mamon, the top is so soft, with a crusty texture.
Choose a suitable tin mold for your Mamon to achieve a more appealing shape. Ideally, you can use a 10x8x3 cm mold for mini mocha Mamon. For a fluffy Mamon, make sure to use cake flour rather than all-purpose flour. Mocha Mamon with Oreo Recipe takes up to 30 minutes to bake and serve.
Ingredients and Procedure of Mocha Mamon with Oreo:
Mocha Mamon with Oreo Recipe
Mocha Mamon Batter:
- 4 large Eggs separated
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 stick instant coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Cake Flour
- 9 pcs. Oreo cookies optional
~ How to Prepare ~
- Separate egg white
- Transfer egg whites in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugar
- Combine egg yolks & vanilla extract, mix.
- Add instant coffee and mix until dissolved
- Slowly add egg yolks mixture & beat over low speed
- Beat until well blended
- Add cake flour in small batches
- Tip: make sure to sift cake flour twice before measuring.
- Gently cut & fold with a spatula or a balloon whisk
- Until the batter is smooth & no lumps
~ Time to Bake ~
- Divide mocha mamon batter in 12 pieces mamon molder lined with paper liners
- I'm using a 2.5 inches round tin molder and 3oz. liners. (You can use a regular Mamon molder with mamon liners.)
- You can bake this right away if you want a plain and simple Mocha Mamon
- Since this is not a Butter Mamon, we're going to top it with Oreo chunks to make it special.
- I used 9 Oreo's without the cream filling. (You can also use any cookies you like in this recipe.)
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 160C / 320F for about 23-25 mins. or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer in a cooling rack and allow to cool.
- Our Soft and Fluffy mocha sponge cake Mamon with Oreo chunks are ready to serve & enjoy!
This Mocha Mamon with Oreo snack cake is made with a soft, spongy mocha-flavored layer of cake with Oreo cookies on top. The secret to a fluffy mocha Mamon is in the technique you use. Usually, people use sponge cake recipes to make Mamon. However, in this recipe, you can use canola oil instead of butter in order to create a more fluffy texture. Oil helps mocha Mamon stay moist and tender even for longer than mini cakes made using butter.
You might like these:
- Mamon with Almonds Recipe
- Top 10 must try Filipino Foods
- Silvanas or Sylvanas Recipe
- Cebu Torta Cake Recipe
- Special Mamon Recipe
- Yema Cake Recipe
- Yema Frosting Recipe for Yema Cake
- Pastimallows Recipe Mango Flavor