How to make Milky Melon Sago Cooler
Milky Melon Sago Cooler Recipe is a great beverage during the hot summer season. It can be taken as an after-meal beverage-dessert, a snack or a drink to accompany another Filipino dessert like Camote Cue, Special Puto, Inutak, Banana Cue, Palitaw, Puto Bumbong or Kutsinta. Give it a try, your kids will surely love this nutritious drink.
Milky Melon Sago Cooler Ingredients:
Milky Melon Sago Cooler Recipe
- 1 medium Melon shredded
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 cup cooked sago
- 1 cup red or orange gulaman diced
- 1 cup full cream evaporated or fresh milk
- 2½ cups powdered milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp. sugar to taste
- ice cubes
- First, we need to wash the melon, cut in half and take off all the seeds. In a large mixing bowl, pour the cold water and add shredded melon.
- Add cooked sago, diced Gulaman, evaporated and powdered milk and stir vigorously to dissolve the powdered milk completely.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and 5 tablespoons of sugar, adjust the sweetness according to taste.
- Divide milky melon drink evenly in 6 individual glasses, add a couple ice in each glass and serve with straw.
- Serve this drink immediately, remember melon “cantaloupe” tends to taste bitter after an hour or so.
Updated on: Aug 2, 2015
First Published on: Feb 25, 2010