Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to make Melon Juice
The Cantaloupe is popularly known in the Philippines as “Melon”. A common refreshing treat in the summer, whether it’s from a street vendor topped with loads of refreshing ice, or from your home, nothing beats a melon cooler with its juicy shreds of cantaloupe suspended in sweet melon juice.
A healthier alternative to the commercial iced teas and the ubiquitous gulaman, a Melon Juice Cooler nonetheless delivers that sugar fix you need after a long day out in the sun. Apart from the obvious benefit of hydrating when you increase your fluid intake, there’s another reason why this beverage is so good for you. Though cantaloupes are low in calories—making them quite waistline-friendly—they are full of vitamins and nutrients.
Melon (Cantaloupe) is widely considered one of the healthiest fruits you can put in your diet, cantaloupe is high in Vitamins A and C, as well as potassium. Even the little seeds provide health benefits if you choose not to strain them out—they’re edible and pleasantly nutty, providing omega-3. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of cantaloupe in the body mean that you can easily reach for one glass after another of this delicious drink with little guilt.
Just buy some whole or pre-sliced cantaloupes in any grocery store or market, and you’re good to go!
Melon Juice by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Melon Juice Recipe
- 1 large Melon cantaloupe
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1.5 liter cold water
- Cut the Melon in half and using a spoon, scrape off seeds and inner pulp.
- In a deep bowl, place seeds and pulp with a cup of the water then mash with back of spoon to extract flavor.
- Use a colander to strain juice from the discarded seeds.
- Using a grater, scrape the Melon flesh.
- In a pitcher, combine melon strands, extracted juice from seeds, sugar and water.
- Stir well and serve with ice.
- You can adjust the sweetness by adding more sugar.
Melon Juice Recipe is a refreshing drink that is high in Vitamins A and C, as well as potassium.