Last Updated on November 27, 2020 by Ed Joven
Learn how to make the famous Buko Salad
Buko salad is a Filipino fruit salad with lots of young coconut meat or Buko. This creamy salad dessert is a natural crowd-pleaser.
Enriched with the nutrients of young coconut meat and other fruits, Buko Salad is the Filipino variation of fruit salad. It usually consists of fruit cocktail, Kaong or sugar palm, Buko or young coconut meat, nata de coco, all-purpose-cream, and condensed milk. This dessert is a must-have dessert on every special occasion in the Philippines like birthdays, fiesta, weddings, Christmas, and New Year’s dinner.
Buko Salad is one of the easiest Filipino desserts to prepare, and the best part, there is no baking involved.
Ingredients and Procedure of Buko Fruit Salad
Buko Salad Recipe
- 2 cups fresh coconut shredded
- 2 cups fruit cocktail drained
- 1/2 cup nata de coco
- 3/4 cup all-purpose cream chilled
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- Drained canned fruit cocktail, nata de coco and fresh shredded coconut for about an hour to prevent salad from being soggy.
- In a separate bowl pour chilled all-purpose cream and sweet condensed milk and mix well.
- Place drained fruits in a bowl then add the cream mixture.
- Toss fruits lightly and mix thoroughly until well blended.
- Chill for about an hour and serve.
Buko Salad Recipe or Young Coconut Salad is one of the popular dessert served in the Philippines. It has a high-protein content and a good source of Calcium.