Last Updated on September 30, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to make Filipino Style Caesar Salad
Filipinos love salads. In fact, on every occasion, you’ll see salads served to guests. Here are some of the most popular Filipino salads; Buko Salad, Buko Pandan Salad, Fruit Salad, Chicken Macaroni Salad, Ube Macapuno Salad, and Buko Melon Salad. In this recipe, we will share the famous Caesar Salad dish with an added Filipino flavor, the Bagoong. We combine this ingredient to the dressing, and the result is awesomely delicious and flavorful.
Caesar salad is a salad made of romaine lettuce and croutons dressed with Caesar salad dressing, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper, garlic, and egg. In some restaurants, they prepare this salad by the tableside.
This salad dish becomes a perfect meal for both athletes and dieters. It will keep you in good shape since enough calories are provided in every serve. Besides, making this dish is just a piece of cake.
Filipino Style Caesar Salad Ingredients and Instructions:
Filipino Style Caesar Salad Recipe
Caesar Salad Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf tasty bread cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small crusty sourdough bread rolls torn into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 4 bacon rashers rind removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 cos lettuce leaves separated
- 60 g parmesan finely grated
Caesar Salad Dressing:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the butter and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add the cubes of bread, and toss until coated.
- Sprinkle with salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper; toss until evenly coated.
- Spread the bread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake until croutons are golden brown will take about 8-10 minutes then set aside.
To make the Caesar Salad:
- Cook the bacon in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until crisp and browned. Drain the excess oil in a plate with paper towel.
- Combine the lettuce, bacon, croutons, and parmesan cheese on a serving platter.
- Drizzle over the Caesar salad dressingand top with the remaining parmesan.
Try also our Luncheon Meat Macaroni Salad
Filipino style Caesar Salad recipe uses ingredients that can buy directly from the supermarkets. You can do this salad dish with your family to spend quality time in the kitchen.