How to make Fruit Medley Salad
Fruit Medley Salad Recipe – During the summer, vibrant colors are the main colors seen mostly any place you go. And the same applies to food, the best foods in summer are those with vibrant colors and of course its flavors are that as well.
Try this Fruit Medley Salad for any time you wish to feel refreshed and cooled off. It is a simple recipe that doesn’t call for much effort or skills but its flavors are to die for.
When it comes to creating fruit salads, there are quite a number of recipes that can be followed, or sometimes some even just throw random fruits into one bowl and just mix it up and eat it as is. Fruit Salads are really quite a simple dish which is why many cultures across history have its own form or type of fruit salad recipe.
What makes this recipe different is not just its use of seasonal fruits but its mixture with the tangy flavor from a honey. You can also try another variety of Fruit salad recipe like the traditional Filipino Fruit Salad, Cream Cheese Fruit Salad, Buko Fruit Salad, Agar Agar Fruit Cocktail Salad, and Fruity Chicken Salad Recipe.
Fruit Medley Salad by Filipino Recipes Portal
Fruit Medley Salad Recipe
- 2 cans 460g Jolly Peach Halves, drained and sliced
- 3 cans 172g Jolly Mandarin Orange in Syrup, drained
- 1 can 257g Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 2 cups Mini-Marshmallows
- 1 cup Mango flavored Marshmallows (optional)
- 1 cup 250ml Nestle All-Purpose Cream
- ¼ cup Alaska Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla or Almond Extract
- Open and drain canned fruits with a strainer and let excess juice drain well for about 20 minutes. In a mixing bowl or measuring glass combine all-purpose cream, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla or almond extract. Check the sweetness according to your taste and adjust, but don’t forget that marshmallows are sweet too.
- Combine drained fruits and marshmallows in a deep serving dish or container preferably with a lid. (A fresh ripe mangoes can also be added on this recipe for a superb taste. Just avoid adding over ripe ones or it will be mushy and we don’t like that, hehe). Mix fruits and marshmallows gently and add in the cream mixture and toss gently to coat the fruits evenly.
- Cover your salad with a lid or plastic cling wrap and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. You can add mint to garnish or a scoop of vanilla or mango ice cream, if you like. Any leftovers must be stored in an airtight container and keep refrigerated to avoid spoilage. This fruit medley salad will last for a week if stored properly.