Last Updated on
How to make Filipino style Fruit Salad
Fruit Salad is a nutritious and delicious dessert that you can make in less than ten minutes and te whole family can enjoy without the worry of gaining weight. Fruit salad is also perfect afternoon snack, a great side dish at a daytime picnic, or the perfect dessert for a party or other special occasions.
There are a lot of variations when it comes to making Fruit Salad Filipino-style, we have the buko fruit salad and cream cheese fruit salad. All fruit salad variations are very tasty treat that is easy to prepare.
If you want to know how to make Filipino Fruit Salad in various ways, just follow the steps.
Filipino Fruit Salad Ingredients:
- 2 large cans (29 oz) fruit cocktail
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (6 oz) Nestle cream
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 1 jar (12 oz) nata de coco
- 2 pcs apples, cubed with skin on (optional)
- 2 cups Mandarin Oranges, drained
Filipino Fruit Salad Instructions:
- Drain the juice thoroughly from the fruit cocktail and pineapple tidbits.
- Let it stay in the strainer for at least 15 minutes to totally get rid of the liquid and to avoid getting soggy.
- Transfer the drained fruits in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the nata de coco, apples and then mix lightly so that the fruits will keep their shape.
- Add the condensed milk and then the cream.
- Combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Make sure that condensed milk and cream are evenly distributed among the fruits.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe is a nutritious afternoon snack, a great side dish at a daytime picnic, or the perfect dessert for a party.