How to make Ham and Potato Salad
This delicious Ham and Potato Salad Recipe is perfect for using up your leftover ham between Christmas and New Year. We made this after the New Year because we have so many Ham left in the fridge, since this recipe is still not in the Filipino Recipes Portal database we decided to give it a try. The result really tastes great, the kids love it and it’s easy to prepare.
Enjoy this hearty Ham and Potato Salad packed with ham, parmesan cheese, potato, pineapple, carrots and scallions – makes a good lunch or light supper for meat-and-potato fans.
Ham and Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup cooked Ham, diced
- 2 tablespoon scallions, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1½ cups Real mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Romaine Lettuce (optional)
Ham and Potato Salad Instructions:
- In a deep pan, add cubed potatoes, water and salt, then boil water with for about 5 minutes.
- Add diced carrots and simmer until tender, do not over-cook your potatoes.
- Drain and let it completely cool or chill it in the fridge for about 8 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks, diced ham and scallions into your potatoes and set aside.
- In another bowl mix the dressing by combining mayonnaise, mustard, honey, paprika and season with salt and white pepper and mix until well blended.
- Taste test your seasoning according to your taste before adding into your potato salad.
- Add Parmesan Cheese and the mustard-mayo dressing gradually to your salad and mix them to coat evenly or you can add them all at once if you want a heavy dressing.
- Mix your potato salad until blended and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled with fresh lettuce if you like and enjoy your potato salad.
This Ham and Potato Salad Recipe really tastes great, your kids will love it and it’s easy to prepare.