Last Updated on
How to make Ube Macapuno Salad
Ube Macapuno Salad Recipe is made from macapuno preserve, ube or Purple Yam made into Halaya, sweetened milk, toasted pinipig for the crunch and with some nata de coco to add more color. Ube Halaya is made from boiled – mashed purple yam with a little butter or margarine, its texture is chewy and the flavor of ube bursts in your mouth that is so creamy.
This Ube and Macapuno is surely a great and a perfect combination for this smooth and very delicious salad dessert. Learn how to prepare Ube Macapuno Salad Recipe, everyone in the family will truly enjoy this, an excellent dessert at the end of a meal!
Ube Macapuno Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup Ube jam or preserve
- 1 pack Instant Alsa gulaman or 2 packs knox
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup macapuno preserve
- 1/2 cup yellow nata de coco, drained
- remaining Condense Milk
- 1/2 cup All Purpose cream
- 1/8 cup toasted pinipig (optional)
Ube Macapuino Salad Cooking Instructions:
- To make the ube gulaman cubes, place ube jam or preserve, condensed milk, gelatin powder and water in a pan.
- Cook over low heat until gelatin is totally dissolved and fire off.
- Pour and strain in a prepared mold, for a smooth texture and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate for another 20 minutes and let it set completely, then cut into small cubes.
- Strain nata de coco and macapuno preserve completely to avoid salad from watery and set aside.
- In a jar or small bowl, blend Condensed milk and All-purpose cream and chill until needed.
- In a bowl toss in ube gelatin cubes, macapuno preserve, nata de coco and pour in the cream mixture and mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve, sprinkle with toasted pinipig.
Ube Macapuno Salad Recipe is an excellent salad dessert at the end of a meal!