Last Updated on
How to make Egg and Lettuce Salad with Garlic Herb Croutons
Egg Lettuce Salad with Garlic Herb Croutons Recipe is super tasty and incredibly satisfying meal. This healthy salad can be varied to use whatever fresh vegetables are available. Try halved cherry tomatoes, broccoli florets, strips of sweet pepper, thinly sliced apples, or whatever you prefer.
Egg Lettuce Salad with Garlic Herb Croutons begins with a bed of romaine lettuce, carrots, cucumber and garlic herb croutons. This delicious, easy peasy salad delivers a beautiful presentation to the table and a great meal for a picnic with the family.
Egg Lettuce Salad with Garlic Herb Croutons Ingredients:
- Kewpie Japanese Mayonnaise, 17.64-Ounce Tube
- 100 gram Romaine Lettuce
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 medium apple, cut into small cubes
Garlic and herb croutons:
- 6 pieces Tasty bread, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
Egg Lettuce Salad with Garlic Herb Croutons Instructions:
- To hard-boil the eggs, place the eggs in a saucepan.
- Pour and cover it with cold water then cover pan.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- When it starts to boil reduce heat to medium and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and place under cold water for 1 minute.
- Set aside the eggs to cool.
- To make the Croutons, preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine Olive oil, parsley, garlic, and thyme in a large bowl.
- Add the sliced bread and toss to coat then transfer to the baking tray.
- Bake, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Arrange lettuce, egg, cumcumber, carrots, apple and croutons in bowls.
- Drizzle with Kewpie Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite juice.
Egg Lettuce Salad with Garlic Herb Croutons Recipe is super tasty and incredibly satisfying meal.
You can buy some of the ingredients at Amazon.com