Last Updated on
How to cook Egg Kaldereta
Egg Caldereta Recipe is an easy, affordable and a protein rich Filipino dish. This is another variation of the famous Kaldereta, originally a goat stew made with tomatoes, potatoes, hot peppers, spices, liver, olives, and bell peppers.
Here are other Kaldereta recipes that we suggest you give a try, the original Kalderetang Kambing, Kalderetang Manok, Squid Kaldereta and Kalderetang Baka. These Kaldereta recipes are favorite Filipino meal served during parties, fiestas and other family special occasions in the Philippines.
This Egg Caldereta Recipe provides a delicious stew with a festive bouquet of colors and flavors from red bell peppers, tomatoes, white potatoes and for added flavor you can add mini cocktail sausages and black olives.
Egg Caldereta Ingredients:
- 8 pcs hard cooked eggs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pc Beef Broth Cube dissolved in
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 can 85g liver spread
- 1/2 tsp salt
Egg Caldereta Cooking Instructions:
- Remove shells of eggs and slice in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Heat oil, saute garlic and onions until limp.
- Add in tomato sauce, beef broth, and pineapple juice. Let boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Gently stir in sliced eggs, bell peppers and green peas.
- Simmer for another 3 minutes and add liver spread to thicken. Season to taste.
- Cook for 2 minutes more. Serve hot.
Egg Caldereta Recipe provides a delicious stew with a festive bouquet of colors.