Last Updated on
How to cook Egg Caldereta
Egg Caldereta Recipe is an easy, affordable, and a protein-rich Filipino dish. It is a comforting hard boiled-egg stew. This recipe is another variation of the famous Kaldereta, and originally a goat stew made with tomatoes, potatoes, hot peppers, spices, liver, olives, and bell peppers. You can also experiment with the ingredients and try different vegetables.
Here are other Kaldereta recipes suggesting you give a try, the original Calderetang Kambing, Kalderetang Manok, Squid Kaldereta, and Kalderetang Baka. These Kaldereta recipes are favorite Filipino meals served during parties, fiestas, and other family special occasions in the Philippines.
This Egg Caldereta Recipe provides a delicious stew with a festive bouquet of colors and flavors from red bell peppers, tomatoes, white potatoes. For added flavor, you can add mini cocktail sausages and black olives.
Ingredients and Cooking Procedure of Egg Caldereta :
Egg Caldereta Recipe
- 8 pcs hard boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pc. Beef Broth Cube dissolved in
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 can 85g liver spread
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Remove shells of eggs and slice in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Heat oil, saute garlic and onions until limp.
- Add in tomato sauce, beef broth, and pineapple juice. Let boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer for 5 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Gently stir in sliced eggs, bell peppers and green peas.
- Simmer for another 3 minutes and add liver spread to thicken. Season to taste.
- Cook for 2 minutes more. Serve hot.
Try this version
Egg Caldereta Recipe provides a delicious stew with a festive bouquet of colors and healthy vegetables for your family.