How to cook Pinoy Omelet Gourmet style
Pinoy Omelet has been always a part of Filipino breakfast, it is usually paired with Beef Tapa, Tocino, Longganisa (Hamonado, Lucban, Skinless) or Tuyo (dried fish). In this recipe we will share with you the traditional Pinoy Omelet with added ingredients to make it more delicious and mouth watering.
The usual Pinoy Omelet is just egg, red onion and ripe tomatoes, but I’ll teach you how you can make it gourmet with a few added ingredients!
In cooking this dish we used our new Lock&Lock Hard&Light Marble Frying Pan that is newly-launched, this cookware is perfect for cooking small portions of food. This light-weight fry pan is made using Aluminum Board Hard Anodizing with High-grade, two-tone Dupont marble coating that is easy to clean and lasts long. The hard anodizing makes it sturdy and strong for lasting use. It is great for induction heater, but you can use it on a gas stove. The handle is rubber coated that can give an excellent grip. You can find this in Lock & Lock Boutique Stores (see below) and leading supermarkets nationwide or visit their Facebook page (fb.com/LocknLockPhilippines).
Another good thing in using this piece of cookware, you don’t need to use a cooking oil when you are frying.
Go grab your ingredients and utensils and let’s start cooking this Pinoy Omelet Recipe – gourmet style!
Pinoy Omelet Recipe by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Pinoy Omelet Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
- 3 tbsp. Ripe tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp. Red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cheese shredded
- 5 pieces Bacon fried & reserved oil for frying
- Scallions for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Fry the Bacon, when cooked, remove and set aside.
- Crack the eggs and then place in a medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and milk and whisk, then add your seasoning salt and pepper and whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion and tomatoes for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the beaten egg mixture. Spread the mixture by tilting the fry pan sideways. Cook for 1 minute.
- On one side place the grated cheese and the fried bacon slices. Continue to cook in medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Flip the omelet with the aid of a wide spatula and then cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and then transfer the omelet to a serving plate, then garnish with scallions.
- Serve it with Pandesal of steamed rice.
Lock & Lock Boutique Stores
- SHANGRI-LA PLAZA MALL – 6F EDSA Shangri-La Plaza, corner Shaw Boulevard, Manila
- EASTWOOD MALL – 3F Eastwood Mall, BagumbayanQC
- GLORIETTA 4 – 3F Glorietta4, Office Drive, Makati
- BF HOMES – 114 Aguirre St., Paranaque City
- ALABANG – Upper GF AlabangTown Center, Ayala Alabang, Muntinlupa
- FISHER MALL – 3F Fisher Mall, Quezon Avenue, QC
- QUEZON AVENUE – MegastateBldg., AranetaAve., cor Agno St., QC
- FAIRVIEW TERRACES – G/L Fairview Terraces Mall, Paranaque City
- CEBU – MJ Cuenco, BaniladTown Center