Last Updated on November 23, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Pinoy Omelet with a Dash of Gourmet
Pinoy Omelet Gourmet Style – Filipino Omelet has always been a part of Filipino breakfast. It is usually in-pair with Beef Tapa, Tocino, Longganisa (Hamonado, Lucban, Skinless), or Tuyo (dried fish). This recipe will share the traditional Pinoy Omelet with added ingredients to make it more delicious and mouth-watering.
The usual Pinoy Omelet is just egg, red onion, and ripe tomatoes, but I’ll teach you how you can make it gourmet with a few added ingredients!
In cooking this dish, we used our new Lock&Lock Hard&Light Marble Frying Pan that is newly-launched. This cookware is perfect for cooking small portions of food. This light-weight fry pan is made using Aluminum Board Hard Anodizing with High-grade, two-tone Dupont marble coating that is easy to clean and lasts long. The hard anodizing makes it sturdy and robust for lasting use. It is excellent for an induction heater, but you can use it on a gas stove.
The handle is rubber-coated that can give an excellent grip. You can find this in Lock & Lock Boutique Stores (see below) and leading supermarkets nationwide or visit their Facebook page (fb.com/LocknLockPhilippines).
Another good thing about using this piece of cookware, you don’t need to use cooking oil when you are frying. Grab your ingredients and utensils, and let’s start cooking this Pinoy Omelet Gourmet style!
Pinoy Omelet Ingredients and Procedure:
Pinoy Omelet Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. Black pepper
- 3 tbsp. Ripe tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp. Red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cheese shredded
- 5 pieces Bacon fried & reserved oil for frying
- Scallions for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Fry the Bacon, when cooked, remove and set aside.
- Crack the eggs and then place in a medium bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and milk and whisk, then add your seasoning salt and pepper and whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion and tomatoes for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the beaten egg mixture. Spread the mixture by tilting the fry pan sideways. Cook for 1 minute.
- On one side place the grated cheese and the fried bacon slices. Continue to cook in medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Flip the omelet with the aid of a wide spatula and then cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and then transfer the omelet to a serving plate, then garnish with scallions.
- Serve it with Pandesal of steamed rice.
Try this Egg Caldereta version
This Gourmet style Pinoy Omelet is quick and easy. The procedure is so simple that a newbie cook can easily apply.
Lock & Lock Boutique Stores
- SHANGRI-LA PLAZA MALL – 6F EDSA Shangri-La Plaza, corner Shaw Boulevard, Manila
- EASTWOOD MALL – 3F Eastwood Mall, BagumbayanQC
- GLORIETTA 4 – 3F Glorietta4, Office Drive, Makati
- BF HOMES – 114 Aguirre St., Paranaque City
- ALABANG – Upper GF AlabangTown Center, Ayala Alabang, Muntinlupa
- FISHER MALL – 3F Fisher Mall, Quezon Avenue, QC
- QUEZON AVENUE – MegastateBldg., AranetaAve., cor Agno St., QC
- FAIRVIEW TERRACES – G/L Fairview Terraces Mall, Paranaque City
- CEBU – MJ Cuenco, BaniladTown Center
- Egg Caldereta Recipe
- Ginisang Corned Beef with Ampalaya and Egg
- Egg Sarciado Recipe
- Spam Egg Salad and Cheese Pandesal Sandwich
- Ham and Egg Fried Rice Recipe
- Best Egg Salad Sandwich Spread Recipe
- Egg Lettuce Salad with Garlic Herb Croutons
- Filipino Egg Tarts Recipe
- Bacon Cheese Egg Cups Recipe
- Red Salted Egg Salad Recipe
- Ginisang Ampalaya with Egg Recipe
- Oriental Egg Fried Rice Recipe