Last Updated on
How to cook Egg Sarciado
Egg Sarciado Recipe is a budget friendly Filipino dish and yet very delicious. This popular Filipino dish is usually done with fish (Fish Sarciado Recipe), but you can also use chicken, pork, and shrimp as the main ingredient.
Let me give you a little background about this dish, Sarciado literally means “cooked with a thick sauce” in Tagalog, the word is derived from the Tagalog word “sarsa” that refers to a thick sauce which in turn comes from the Spanish word “salsa” which means sauce.
Aside from the eggs, you will need onions, garlic, tomatoes and bell peppers, others add tomato sauce or tomato paste for a richer flavor, laurel leaf, salt and pepper as seasoning. Just carefully follow the easy to cook procedure below.
Learn how to cook Egg Sarciado from our video :
Egg Sarciado Ingredients and Procedure:
Egg Sarciado Recipe
- 5 pieces hard boiled eggs shell removed
- 1 piece raw egg beaten
- 3 medium plum tomato diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 stems scallions cut into small parts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced
- 1½ cup water
- 1 Chicken Cube
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Canola cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Saute the onion, garlic, tomato, and bell peppers for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the chicken (or vegetable) broth. Let boil.
- Add the fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir.
- Pour-in the beaten egg. Stir until the egg is distributed. Continue to cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the chopped scallions and boiled eggs. Cook for 2 minutes,
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with Scallions on top.
- Serve with Steam Rice