Last Updated on January 16, 2017 by Ed Joven
How to cook Oriental Egg Fried Rice with Shrimp
This Oriental Egg Fried Rice Recipe with Shrimp is a quick and easy recipe to make – I suggest you make the rice the night ahead, you’ll never have a problem with soggy rice this way – cold rice works the best with this dish.
Oriental Egg Fried Rice Ingredients by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
- a mugful of long grain rice
- a cupful of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 back bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 heaped tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 cup cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined without tail
- Scallions for garnish
Oriental Egg Fried Rice Cooking Procedure:
- Fill a roomy saucepan with water, bring to the boil and tip in a heaped teaspoon of salt – the water will bubble furiously.
- Pour in the rice, stir once and return to the boil, then turn the heat down a little so that the water is boiling steadily, but not vigorously.
- Boil uncovered, without stirring (this makes for sticky rice) for 10 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, throw in the frozen peas, boil for 2 minutes and drain (don’t rinse).
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok and stir fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Tip in the red pepper and the garlic cloves and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add-in the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Beat the eggs, pour into the pan and stir fry until the egg just sets.
- Toss in the Chinese 5-spice
- Garnish with scallions then serve hot.