Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to make Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad
Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad Recipe is a light, green salad with a Thai twist. This recipe brings the best out of a salad. Savor our Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad, it is a a perfect side dish for any Filipino Pork recipe such as Crispy Pata, Lechon Kawali or Bagnet.
Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad‘s simplicity allows the fresh vegetables to be the star with perfectly cooked green beans tossed in a lemony dressing with roasted peanuts, tomato and basil. This Green Bean salad has lots of antioxidants, including lutein, beta carotene and vitamin C.
Learn the recipe below.
Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad Ingredients and Preparation Procedure
Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 3 heirloom tomatoes
- 100 g green beans
- 4 tbsp coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
For the sauce:
- 1 fresh red chilli de-seeded & finely chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Core and cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Discard the very top and bottom of each tomato. Place them in a bowl.
- Cut all the beans in half, finely slice them into strips and add them to the tomatoes.
- Add the chopped herbs and the peanuts.
- Put the chilli, lemon juice, palm sugar, fish sauce and garlic into a bowl and mix well.
- Mash the palm sugar with the back of the spoon to help it dissolve.
- Pour the sauce over the tomatoes and beans.
- Toss the salad well and serve.
Thai Tomato and Green Bean Salad Recipe has lots of antioxidants, including lutein, beta carotene and vitamin C.