How to prepare Black Sambo
Have you tried Black Sambo Dessert? Black Sambo Recipe is a delicious lone of the best Christmas Dessert, my family love it so much. We always prepare this on Christmas and you can even make this as a gift to your family friends. Black Sambo ingredients are very affordable and easy to prepare.
Black Sambo is a two layered gelatin, you can also prepare a 4 layer version if you have more visitors. This dessert is made of creamy milk and Chocolate gelatin. You can use circular shape molds or rectangular, we used a circle shape mold for this preparation.
Pinoy Recipe at iba pa will show you the preparation of this irresistible Black Sambo dessert – See the recipe below.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions of Black Sambo Recipe:
Black Sambo Recipe
- 1 can evaporated milk big
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin let it bloom in 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Pure Dutch Cocoa or Hersheys unsweetened powder dissolved in 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup water
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin
- 1 can of condensed milk big
- 1 can of Nestle Cream big
- In a bowl melt 2 packs of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water.
- In a separate bowl dilute cocoa powder in 1/3 cup hot water and stir.
- In a saucepan heat evaporated milk, on a low fire and add white sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add the melted cocoa and continue to stir until well blended, and lastly add in the knox mixture and stir continuously until dissolves and fire off.
- Let it cool by stirring patiently before placing in the container.
- Freeze for 20 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan heat a cup of water over a low fire and pour 1 pack of knox at a time and stir vigorously to dissolve the gelatin completely.
- Add 1 can of condensed milk and stir until well blended.
- And lastly pour in a can of nestle cream and keep stirring to dilute the cream, fire off.
- Keep on stirring until it cools down completely before adding to your choco layer.
- Refrigerate for another 3 to 4 hours for a best results.
To serve Black Sambo Recipe, drizzle Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup on top of each slice.
Check out these Filipino Desserts:
- Fruit Cocktail Icebox Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake Recipe
- Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Recipe
- Crema de Fruta Recipe
- Buko Pandan Salad Recipe
- Buko Melon Salad Recipe
- Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe
- Filipino Fruity Chicken Salad Recipe
- Buko Salad Recipe
- Buko Lychee Salad Recipe
- Ube Macapuno Salad Recipe
- Chicken Potato Salad Recipe
- Cream Cheese Fruit Salad Recipe
- Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe