Last Updated on December 3, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to prepare Black Sambo
Have you tried Black Sambo Dessert? Black Sambo Recipe is a delicious lone of the best Christmas Dessert, and my family loves it so much. We always prepare this at Christmas, and you can even make this as a gift to your family friends. Black Sambo ingredients are very affordable and easy to prepare.
Black Sambo is a two-layered gelatin, and you can also prepare a four-layer version if you have more visitors. You can use circular shape molds or rectangular. We used a circle shape mold for this preparation.
Black Sambo Dessert is consists of creamy milk and Chocolate gelatin. It may take a lot of time to make this, but when you taste its delightfully rich flavor, you’ll say the effort is worth it.
Pinoy Recipe at iba pa will show you the preparation of this irresistible Black Sambo dessert – See the recipe below.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions of Black Sambo Recipe:
Black Sambo Recipe
- 1 can evaporated milk big
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin let it bloom in 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Pure Dutch Cocoa or Hersheys unsweetened powder dissolved in 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup water
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin
- 1 can of condensed milk big
- 1 can of Nestle Cream big
- In a bowl melt 2 packs of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water.
- In a separate bowl dilute cocoa powder in 1/3 cup hot water and stir.
- In a saucepan heat evaporated milk, on a low fire and add white sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add the melted cocoa and continue to stir until well blended, and lastly add in the knox mixture and stir continuously until dissolves and fire off.
- Let it cool by stirring patiently before placing in the container.
- Freeze for 20 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan heat a cup of water over a low fire and pour 1 pack of knox at a time and stir vigorously to dissolve the gelatin completely.
- Add 1 can of condensed milk and stir until well blended.
- And lastly pour in a can of nestle cream and keep stirring to dilute the cream, fire off.
- Keep on stirring until it cools down completely before adding to your choco layer.
- Refrigerate for another 3 to 4 hours for a best results.
To serve Black Sambo Recipe, drizzle Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup on top of each slice.
Check out these Filipino Desserts: