How to prepare Black Sambo
Have you tried eating Black Sambo?
Black Sambo is one of the best Christmas Dessert, my family love it so much… We always prepare this on Christmas and you can even make this as a gift to your family friends. Black Sambo Recipes are very affordable and easy to prepare.
Black Sambo is a two layered gelatin (you can also prepare a 4 layer) made of creamy milk and Chocolate. You can use circular shape molds or rectangular, we used a rectangular shape mold for this preparation.
Pinoy Recipe will show you the preparation of this irresistible Black Sambo dessert…. See the recipe below.
Here’s the Video of this recipe:
Black Sambo Dessert Preparation and Cooking Instructions:
Black Sambo Recipe
- 1 can evaporated milk big
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin let it bloom in 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Pure Dutch Cocoa or Hersheys unsweetened powder dissolved in 1/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup water
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin
- 1 can of condensed milk big
- 1 can of Nestle Cream big
- In a bowl melt 2 packs of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water.
- In a separate bowl dilute cocoa powder in 1/3 cup hot water and stir.
- In a saucepan heat evaporated milk, on a low fire and add white sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add the melted cocoa and continue to stir until well blended, and lastly add in the knox mixture and stir continuously until dissolves and fire off.
- Let it cool by stirring patiently before placing in the container.
- Freeze for 20 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan heat a cup of water over a low fire and pour 1 pack of knox at a time and stir vigorously to dissolve the gelatin completely.
- Add 1 can of condensed milk and stir until well blended.
- And lastly pour in a can of nestle cream and keep stirring to dilute the cream, fire off.
- Keep on stirring until it cools down completely before adding to your choco layer.
- Refrigerate for another 3 to 4 hours for a best results.
To serve Black Sambo, drizzle Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup on top of each slice.
This is the ready to serve Black Sambo
Published on: Dec 2, 2011
Updated on: July 14, 2016
Check out these Filipino Desserts:
- Fruit Cocktail Icebox Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake Recipe
- Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Recipe
- Crema de Fruta Recipe
- Buko Pandan Salad Recipe
- Buko Melon Salad Recipe
- Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe
- Filipino Fruity Chicken Salad Recipe
- Buko Salad Recipe
- Buko Lychee Salad Recipe
- Ube Macapuno Salad Recipe
- Chicken Potato Salad Recipe
- Cream Cheese Fruit Salad Recipe
- Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe