How to make Filipino Fruity Chicken Salad
Filipino Fruity Chicken Salad Recipe is a fusion of the traditional Pinoy Fruit Salad and Chicken Salad. If you are already tired of Chicken Macaroni Salad, Chicken Potato Salad or the traditional Fruit Salad, you will surely love this dish.
This nutty Fruity Chicken Salad is quite delicious, especially with the fresh grapes, melon and pears. It definitely gets an A+ rating, try it this Christmas!!
Fruity Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 2 cups melon balls
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 med. apples, cored and cut into cubes
- 1 med. green apple, core and cut into cubes
- 1 med. pear, cored and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted cashew nuts, or any nuts available
- 3/4 cup nestle cream, chilled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Lettuce, for garnish
- sugar and white pepper to taste
Fruity Chicken Salad Cooking Instructions
- In cooking pan place 2 cups of water, 2 breast fillet, 1 tbsp. chicken seasoning and 2 crushed garlic and bring to boil for 8 minutes or until chicken are cooked.
- Drain the chicken in a colander and let it cool, discard the skin, then cut into cubes and set aside.
- You can also use chicken leftovers like from Lechon Manok, just skin it and deboned the chicken and cut into cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine nestle cream, mayonnaise, seasoning powder, and then add sugar and white pepper little by little and adjust to get the balance flavour suit for you and mix well.
- Add the cooked chicken, and grapes in the cream mixture. Wash, core and cut apples, pear and celery into cubes add in a bowl together with the cashew nuts.
- Slice melon in half, take off the seeds and use a melon baller and scoop out then add to the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve fruity chicken salad with fresh lettuce.
Here’s the Filipino Fruity Chicken Salad Recipe ready to be served.
Try this delicious Filipino Fruity Chicken Salad Recipe this Christmas, another quality Pinoy Food from PinoyRecipe.net