Last Updated on
The sweet and delicious Leche Flan
Aside from the luscious cakes and salads, leche flan never comes last in the list of Filipinos’ favorites. Leche Flan Recipe is the Filipino version of crème caramel, it is rich in flavor that make the kiddos and adults to go craze over this sweet delight in any ordinary or special occasions such as Christmas and Fiestas. Moreover, this Filipino Dessert can also be included in the popular Filipino coolers like Halo-Halo.
The Leche Flan Recipe does not only satisfy sweet cravings. If you will make Leche Flan a home business, it can also partially sustain the financial needs of the family. Given the fact that most Filipino consumers are inclined to sweets, this delicious dessert can help the family make a living.
Leche Flan Ingredients:
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
Leche Flan Cooking Instructions:
- Medium heat large pan or a steamer with a litre of water, you must cover it to get the maximum heat.
- Prepare a couple Llanera’s or any deep tins, then divide sugar and water on both tins.
- Heat Llanera on a low fire one at a time until sugar starts to melt, dissolved and syrupy. Turn off the heat when the caramel syrup turns light brown.
- To coat all sides you must tilt the mold around and continue with the other Llanera and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk egg yolks and eggs together, pour in condensed and evaporated milk and whisk, vanilla extract and continue to whisk until combined. Use a strainer and a ladle to transfer milk mixture into tins to get rid lumpy bits and air bubbles.
- Steam for about 30 minutes with a cloth under the lid, to catch water drippings and avoid flan from soggy.
- Check with a toothpick if it comes out clean your done.
- Turn off the fire and transfer on a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate Leche flan for about 30 minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Serve cold
Leche Flan Recipe is a cherished dessert enjoyed on Christmas and festive occasions.