How to make the Best Mango Float
Mango Float Recipe is easy to make and very delicious Filipino dessert, as a result it is always a big hit during Christmas and New Year celebration. Mango float are my family’s favorite dessert and the ingredients are not expensive.
Did you know that Mango has many Health Benefits?
Here are the following nutrients you will get from from Mango Fruit:
- 105 calories
- 76% vitamin C which helps as antioxidant and boosts immunity.
- 25% vitamin A, an antioxidant and improves your vision.
- 11% vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins which can improve hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention
- 9% healthy probiotic fibre
- 9% copper wherein it is a co-factor for many vital enzymes plus production of red blood cells
- 7% potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake)
- 4% magnesium
Mango fruit is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and poly-phenolic flavonoid antioxidant compounds. According to new research study, mango fruit has been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. Several trial studies suggest that polyphenolic anti-oxidant compounds in mango are known to offer protection against breast and colon cancers.
Mango helps in digestion. Mango contains enzymes that help in breaking down protein. The fibrous nature of mango is rich in vitamins. With it’s high in pre-biotic dietary fiber and minerals that will help in digestion.
Mangoes boost your immune system with the combination of vitamin C, A and 25 different types of carotenoids, this helps keep your immune system healthy.
To know more about the Health Benefits of Mango fruit check out Top 10 Health Benefits of Mango.
How to make it:
Mango Float Recipe dessert is the Filipino version of the popular icebox cake dessert made with layers of graham crackers but others use ladyfingers (broas), whipped cream, condensed milk, and ripe carabao mangoes.
Where can you buy the best Mangoes in the Philippines? According to Wikipedia, there are 14 different strains of Carabao mango. These strains include the Talaban and Fresco of Guimaras, MMSU Gold of the Ilocos Region and Lamao and Sweet Elena of Zambales.
Mango Float Recipe dessert can be made with two layers of filling or three, depending on the size of your baking pan or dish. In this preparation we used a smaller glass baking dish so we can make 3 layers, because with the glass, you can see the pretty layers.
Try this Pinoy Recipe at iba pa version of Mango Float Recipe this Holiday season or in whatever gatherings you have with your family and friends. You will surely enjoy this Filipino dessert, because of the right amount of sweetness, layers of whip cream, graham crackers and mangoes.
You can also combine Mango with other fruit like Peach, you can view our version of Peach Mango Float Recipe here.
Watch How to make Mango Float:
Mango Float Ingredients and Preparation Procedure:
Mango Float Recipe
- 3 large ripe mangoes sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream (chilled & whipped until doubled in size) or 1 box (200g) Frosty Whip Cream Powder, whipped according to package
- 1 250ml nestle all-purpose cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt optional
- 1 pack graham crackers
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish glass or any similar container and set aside.
- Wash mangoes, cut both sides off the pit, peel and slice the flesh thinly. Don’t throw the pit, scrape the flesh and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the cream until light and double in size. Add in chilled all-purpose cream, condensed milk, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and mix until well combine. At this point you can taste test your cream and adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
- Divide the whipped cream mixture into 3 parts, so you can have a 3-layer mango float.
- To assemble the mango float, first you have to arrange graham crackers in your baking dish. Lay the crackers flat and even until you cover the whole bottom of the pan. Use scissors or sharp knife to trim the crackers, if needed.
- Pour 1 part of the cream mixture at the top of crackers and spread evenly.
- Top with mango slices and add reserve scraped mangoes.
- Place another layer of graham crackers and repeat process until you have 3 layers, ending with cream and sliced mangoes on top. Don’t throw extra graham crumbs, crushed it finely & dust it on top of your mango float.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight to set completely before serving.
Enjoy this easy to make Mango Float Recipe with your family and friends this Christmas season or on any occasion.
Other Popular Filipino Desserts:
- Fruit Cocktail Icebox Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake Recipe
- Ube Cheese Icebox Cake Recipe
- Crema de Fruta Recipe
- Buko Pandan Salad Recipe
- Buko Melon Salad Recipe
- Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe
- Filipino Fruity Chicken Salad Recipe
- Buko Salad Recipe
- Buko Lychee Salad Recipe
- Ube Macapuno Salad Recipe
- Chicken Potato Salad Recipe
- Cream Cheese Fruit Salad Recipe
- Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe