Last Updated on
How to make Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake
Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake Recipe is a quick and easy dessert perfect for this coming Christmas season, surely your family and guests will ask for more.
You can make a Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake anytime without the hassle of baking. You just have to assemble the ingredients and instead of the oven, just put it in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight and serve, that simple.
This “no-bake” dessert is one of the best recipes, oozing with a delectable tropical flavor which you can’t resist. This has a superb combination of cherry pie filling and the tangy flavors of pineapple, sweetened with condensed milk and cream.
Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake Ingredients:
- 1 pack (200g) Graham Honey Crackers or Ladyfingers “Broas”
- 2 cans (300g) or 3 packs (250ml) Nestle All-purpose Cream, chilled
- 1 can (387g) Sweetened Condensed Milk, chilled
- 1½ cups pineapple chunks, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling, drained and reserved ¼ cup of cherry syrup and ½ cup of cherry compote, to decorate
- A pinch of salt
Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake Instructions:
- Drain pineapple chunks and cherry pie filling separately.
- Chop the pineapple chunks roughly and set aside.
- Reserved ¼ cup of cherry syrup and another ½ cup of cherry compote for decorating later.
- Place the drain cherry in a small bowl and mashed lightly with a fork or leave as it is if you prefer a big cherry chunks.
- In a large bowl mix together chilled all-purpose cream, condensed milk and reserved cherry syrup and mix well to combine.
- Add in drained pineapples, cherries and a pinch of salt and mix well to combine.
- Arrange pieces of graham crackers or ladyfingers to cover the bottom of 8×8 glass pan or 10×8 glass pan or any similar pan you have.
- Divide the cream mixture into 3 equal parts, approximately 2 cups.
- Spread one part of cream mixture on top of the first layer and spread evenly.
- Arrange another layer of graham crackers or ladyfingers on top of the cream mixture and cover evenly.
- Then add another cream mixture and spread lightly and evenly, do not put pressure on the layer or it will disarranged.
- Arrange the last layer of graham evenly and spread the remaining cream mixture and smoothen the top with a spatula.
- Crush remaining cracker and sprinkle on top and decorate with the reserved cherry compote and refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight.
- Let the cake set completely before you slice, serve and enjoy.
Pineapple Cherry Icebox Cake Recipe is a “no-bake” dessert oozing with a delectable tropical flavor which you can’t resist.